PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Export special character

1. koolkatwebdesigns

Special characters such as smart quotes do not export correctly. However, the look fine in the Gravity Forms entries area so this should be something that can be handled. As an example of a character, please note the "smart single quote" in the text below. Thanks.

Daniel’s Broiler-Leschi

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday June 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Do you have an example of what is being exported? Can you send an export file via email to chris@rocketgenius.com ?

Thanks

3. koolkatwebdesigns

I will send the file. thanks.

4. Thanks. I'll take a look at it tonight. --Chris

5. I was able to open your export fine using OpenOffice with UTF-8 encoding. ISO 8859-1 (the default) will give you strange characters for fancy quotes or single quotes. See attached screenshot of the CSV loaded in OpenOffice using UTF-8 encoding.

http://minus.com/mxf33IoJe/

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 29, 2012 | Permalink
  6. reeserved

I realize I'm hijacking someone else's post, but this is somewhat related. I have a form where I'm setting the title parameter from the referring page. If that page title contains special characters (like double quotes), it not only exports funky, but my client does not receive notification that the form has been submitted.

It took me awhile to figure this out, but it's a consistent and reproducible issue. The form submits consistently except when a special character is the first entry.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 9, 2012 | Permalink