PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Export/Import Complete Forms

1. I use Gravity Forms on several loosely related websites, and what I need is an easy way to export a complete form from one site, and import it into another so that I don't have to go through the steps of building the form all over again from scratch on the new site. I've looked and I cannot find anything about support for this. Is there something?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. In the Forms menu, there is an "Import/Export" menu item. Click that link, and you will arrive at a page which will allow you to export entries, export forms, or import forms. Click the middle option "Export Forms" and then check the box(es) to export the form or forms you want. At the bottom of that screen there is a blue button which says "Download Export File" - that will generate an XML file and download it in your browser.

Screenshot: http://minus.com/mbfpiUeKmI/

On the next site, go through the same process, but use the "Import Forms" and navigate to the XML file on your hard drive, select the file, then click the blue "Import" button.

Does that help?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Duh. That was too easy, and it was right there in front of me. Thanks Chris.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 6, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.