PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Field Groups

1. hmdev

If you need to group fields, here's a couple of functions that will help you out. Would appreciate any feedback.

https://gist.github.com/dabernathy89/5155551

- Daniel
    http://www.twitter.com/dabernathy89

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Thanks Daniel. Is this fieldgroup equivalent to fieldsets?

Nice work on the code and thank you for sharing it.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  3. You are a genius!!

I had to style an employment application. Your function allowed me to group sections together such as Education, References, etc. with some nice margins and lines.

Works perfectly! Thanks for sharing

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 15, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Nick Hempsey

This is great Daniel! I've been needing this for quite awhile, sure beats trying to manipulate paginated forms. Very nice.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Thanks! This totally made large groups of the same conditional logic much easier.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Hi Guys

Rookie question, but if I use this code, how do I target the CSS to style just the group I have created?

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 9, 2013 | Permalink
  7. Richard Vav
    Administrator

@noworries you would target it just like any other field, by it's field id or the CSS Class Name you assign it. So if your form number is 28 and the 'open field group' is the first field you add to your form then you can target it like so

#field_28_1 {
    /* styles go here */
    }
    Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 9, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.