PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Flash Uploader

1. aramtch

Hey there... looking for custom forms that can utilize the flash uploader. Looks like that's not available w/ GF, but does anyone know either a) how long before that's available natively in GF or b) how hard that would be to integrate?

thanks in advance...

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 2, 2010 | Permalink
  2. It would be difficult to integrate and currently it's planned for sometime after 1.5. We may look at it for the 1.6 or 1.7 releases.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 2, 2010 | Permalink
  3. I'd just like to chime in with a +1 vote here for a Flash uploader option. Being able to do multiple files, show progress, and all the other things that come with a Flash uploader would be AWESOME.

One suggestion too: If you DO use a Flash uploader, supply the FLA with the Gravity Forms package, so that users could reskin it as necessary.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday November 7, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure if we'll "roll our own" uploader or not - most likely will use a pre-built one of one flavor or another when we get to that point.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 8, 2010 | Permalink
  5. kristopherk1

I have a theme that uses swfupload to allow users to upload multiple images then re-arrange images after they are submitted. I'm looking for a way to incorporate that upload feature in a multi-part form. I have the code - just don't know where to place it.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday March 26, 2011 | Permalink
  6. @kristopherk1 It's not as simple as just placing the code. Gravity Forms needs to know how to handle the multiple files. So there is no simple way to add this functionality into the existing version. It's more complex than that. We do plan on adding this feature in a future release.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday March 27, 2011 | Permalink
  7. kristopherk1

Thanks for the reply, that feature is the only Limitation I can find with Gravity Forms. Other than that, it's such a versatile plugin. Well worth the price.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday March 27, 2011 | Permalink
  8. We understand, and agree. It's definitely a feature we plan on adding. Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 28, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.