PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

font size of notification email

1. My client is complaining that the font size of the notification emails is too small. I asked support and Carl told me I could use html to format the merge fields in the notification setup. I did this, but it is not working. This is what I have tried:

<html>
    <body>
    <font size="14">{all_fields}</font>
    </body>
    </html>

The emails are still the same font size. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. the FONT tag has been deprecated and may not be rendered like you expect in all the mail clients. HTML email support is all over the map so it's difficult to say which might work with it or not.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp

The preferred way to do what you want would be like this using an inline style declaration.

<span style="font-size:14px">{all_fields}</span>

Also, most mail clients strip out any head and body tags so those aren't necessary. Stick with inline styles, keep it simple and you should be good to go for most stuff.

http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/top-html-email-coding-mistakes/

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 14, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hi, wrapping {all_fields} in that span doesn't work for me. When I look at the code for the email, I see a bunch of this:

<font style="font-family:verdana;font-size:12px"><ul><li>Field text</li></ul></font>

The span doesn't override the font-size. Where can I update the font size?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 7, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Mmkay. You're not going to be able to update the {all_fields} output unless you hack the core files which I wouldn't recommend. Your best bet is going to be creating your own markup/notification email from scratch using the available merge codes for each field.

The {all_fields} merge code is a pre-formatted shortcut if you don't want to customize your email yourself, but the notification field accepts HTML markup so you can go wild and create your own however you'd like it.

5. Ok, got it! I'll give it a shot.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.