PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form not rendering in IE 9

1. I have a form that for some reason will not render in IE9 , if you visit the page you will see nothing , and the moment you open the developer tools and "start debugging" the form appears.
    http://www.teeupagainstcancer.com/donate/

any help would be much appreciated

All other browsers it works fine, I also did notice one thing that might help figure this issue out,
    after starting the debugger in IE9 I get "LOG: 1920x955 " not sure if this is significant

Please help!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 17, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Please begin by checking for theme and plugin conflicts by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing.

Will the form appear in the form preview using IE9? If so, it's likely a plugin or theme conflict.

3. No it does not show in preview form builder, but I will try find a comflict

4. Dave, I just responded to your priority support ticket with some screenshots as you requested.

5. hey Rob ,
    Although I am not sure why you can not reproduce this issue when I have confirmed the issue exists after reproducing it on various computers , I appreciate your help. I have isolated the issue , after trying to recreate the form one step at a time. The issue does lie within the form itself. As soon as I enable conditional logic on the "Donate Amount" product field the entire form disappears. So just to recap on the logic I am trying to achieve.

I am using a product field to populate 4 donation options:
    Gold, value = 5000 , Price = $5,000
    Silver, value=3000, Price = $3000
    Corporate, value=1500, Price = $1500
    Donate, value= empty, Price = $0

I have a product field named Donate which I only want to appear if the "Donate" option is selected from the previous product options. No matter how I define the conditional logic to make this field show based on the options from above, the entire form disappears in IE and only in IE, I have disabled all plugins and there are no conflicts. The conditional logic on this particular field is preventing the entire form from rendering in IE. It might be possible that I have not set these product fields up properly, its the first time I have used them in a form , so forgive me if I have made a mistake setting them up.

I have duplicated the form that was broken and have created another form also for testing purposes should have the desire to further investigate this issue. Any help in solving this issue is greatly appreciated, I really dont feel like going through the code of your plugin because up until this website I have had no issues. I'm all ears for suggestions on what to do, I have ruled out any conflicts from my testing today

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 20, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hello again!,
    So I had to make some sort of fix for this by redoing the form because we have people visiting the site already but instead of having a product field with "user defined price" I chose radio buttons which has predefined values and prices. I have set up the exact same conditions in which to show this field. This seems to be working in IE. So Im guessing that the user defined price condition is doing some breaking , im not sure cause I dont really have too much to time to dig deeper.

Thanks for your time and help, I hope this information helps fix future bugs

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 21, 2012 | Permalink
  7. thought I fixed it but looks like its still an issue :( something is going on with the product fields

8. Can you export the form(s) and send the XML file(s) to me to rob@rocketgenius.com and reference this post.

9. Thanks Rob, I have just sent you the 2 forms I was working with. Let me know if there is anything else you need. Appreciate your help on this !

10. its working now!, as soon as I switched the document mode from IE7 to IE9 , its show!

11. Right on, glad to help out and glad you got it sorted!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.