PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form Not Showing up on page with shortcode

1. mfreund

Hi

I made a form for contact us and it works fine.....Then i made another and put the short code on the page and the page shows up blank. I even tried using the php code to have it show up and that is not working either......Can someone tell me whey one form will work and another wont??

I mean the preview of the form works fine.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Posted 13 years ago on Monday July 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. A URL to your form page would be most helpful. It's really difficult to try to debug something blindly.

It could be a variety of things. Did the second form utilize conditional logic? If so, does your theme have a "RAW" or "NOFORMAT" shortcode that removes the WP auto-formatting? That COULD be the culprit if so.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 6, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Kevin,

I've got the same issue and have read posts on this. I have a form, using conditional logic, that does not show. The form shows when conditional logic is removed. I just re-installed the GF 1.3.13 version.

I had the form working with conditional logic until recently (a week or two ago), in which I haven't changed anything on the form, or added new plugins. I believe I may have installed the beta version of GF 1.3.13.

I believe I had also read (can't find it now) to try and put the [noformat] [/noformat] shortcode tags around the forms shortcode. For example:

[noformat][gravityform id=1 name=Contact title=false description=false][/noformat]

This results in displaying the noformat shortcode tags on the page.

Since then I have duplicated the form (great new feature by the way!) and took out conditional logic so the site could make use of the form. I would be more than happy to send login information for someone to take a look at what they need to if willing.

Thanks in advance!
    Luke

Posted 13 years ago on Monday July 26, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Luke,

Sure. If you want to send an admin login to us, please use our contact form and if you will, please reference this topic URL as well.

We'll be happy to take a look at it asap.

5. @lukesass7 Are you adding the [noformat] shortcode around the Gravity Forms shortcode because you do indeed have the no format functionality installed on your site (Via plugin or your themes function.php) or are you just going by what you read in another thread?

IF you do have the noformat or raw functionality applied to your site, there is nothing we can do within Gravity Forms to correct this issue. The [noformat] functionality is detrimental to WordPress and other plugins because of how it works. While it provides nice functionality it ends up causing lots of problems with plugins that use shortcodes.

It changes the order in which the autop functionality is applied to post content and the order in which shortcodes are parsed by WordPress and this causes major issues.

Adding the [noformat] around the shortcode is a work around that usually works, but depending on the size of the content appearing within the [noformat] it chokes.

There is nothing we can do on our end to correct this, the issue is with the code related to the no format functionality.

If you were mistaken and you don't actually have the no format functionality being applied to your site then the issue could be something as simple as your header.php not having the wp_head() function call present so Gravity Forms can insert javascript into the head of your site.

6. @luke The issue is another plugin has a Javascript error and that Javascript error causes the rest of the JS on the page to stop functioning.

The plugin that has an error is the Google Analyticator plugin. If you deactivate it, the javascript error goes away and the conditional logic works just fine.

Here is the error:

analyticsFileTypes is not defined
    return;var url=href.replace('http://',...,extension.toUpperCase(),href]);}else
    http://thirststation.com/wp-content/plugins/google-analyticator/external-tracking.min.js?ver=6.1.1
    Line 2

I'm not sure if the Google Analyticator plugin just isn't configured properly or if there is something fundamentally wrong with it but because it has a Javascript error that is what is causing the problem.