PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form submit based on parameter in URL?

1. pffmihai

Hello,

I have this situation:

Form #1 filled and submitted by an admin with a client's info. The form #1 creates a custom post and sends notification to client's email address. In that notification there's a confirmation link with parameters in the URL (Based on those parameter I change some values for the custom post, not important as the moment, I've already figured out how to do that). So next step is when the client clicks the confirmation URL, they open a page - "thank you for your confirmation".

On the "thank you for confirmation" I'm planning to have a second form, let's name it form#2, that will get the parameters in the URL.

Is it possible to have form #2 submitted automatically based on parameter in the URL?

Kind regards,
    Mihai

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 24, 2013 | Permalink
  2. To submit a form automatically without requiring user interaction, you will have to use some JavaScript or jQuery. See this example: http://stackoverflow.com/a/3273181

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  3. pffmihai

It will be submitted automatically but always conditioned by a specific parameter in the URL.

Thanks Chris for the info, I'll test it.

4. OK, please let us know what you come up with.