PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

form to search posts

1. zsound

Can I use this to create a form that will search the posts on our site and return the ones that match?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Technically this isn't something Gravity Forms can accommodate on it's own. It could certainly be used as the front end for a search, you can actually already do that. The problem is the archive page that shows the results... that isn't something Gravity Forms does.

If you configure a search page that accepts query string parameters for the data that it returns then you can use a Gravity Form to build a search form that redirects to this page and passes the field values so the page can then display the results based on those values.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 4, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Im looking to do this too. Is there something that can do it out of the box, or where can I find more information on how to do this. I would love to use gravity forms to make a nice one

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 17, 2012 | Permalink
  4. joselezana

create a form that will search the posts on our site and return the ones that match?
    Is exactly what I need!!!!! Any idea on how to do it???? Thx

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Would it be possible to have Gravity Forms call a View (using the View plugin from OnTheGoSystems) with arguments?

Example below of how to call the view with argument:
    http://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/

This without needing to hack php? using your Gravity Forms?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  6. BradPotter

I used Gravity Forms to create an advanced search. More about it here: http://bradpotter.com/?p=401

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday May 13, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Thanks for posting Brad!

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday May 13, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.