PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form total wrong and options wrong when passed into PayPal

1. Hi,

I've created a form which works fine until I pass it across into PayPal. The form has different prices for different quantities so I set up a product dropdown menu for each price and the fixed quantities (20, 30, 40, etc.). There are 3 additional extras which can be added, I tried to do these as an option with 3 checkboxes but the total didn't work so I used 3 separate product fields with 'Yes/No' radio buttons for the extra to be added. Each one opened an hidden quantity field associated with it when clicked on 'Yes'. This obviously created lots of quantity fields in the admin but they worked OK until the form was submitted to PayPal which won't display the additional extra with it's associated quantity. Can anyone help me with this?

Form is here: http://www.myweddingteatowels.co.uk/ordering/order-tea-towels/

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 25, 2013 | Permalink
  2. We won't be able to see this in action with the sandbox since we are not logged in to it.

Is the total at PayPal correct, and it's just missing information, or is the total incorrect as well?

tried to do these as an option with 3 checkboxes but the total didn't work

What happened when you tried this exactly?

3. Thanks for you reply. I've removed the PayPal sandbox so you should be able to see a total go over now.

The total for the main product is correct but I hard coded those into a product dropdown which looks like a quantity dropdown to the user with different prices for each quantity. It's the options which only pass over as one rather than the total. When I used an option field with 3 checkboxes, it didn't update the total at the bottom of the form for some reason?

4. The options are normally attached to a product, and then each option is multiplied by a quantity to arrive at a total. What happened to me with your form is that I purchased one product (a package of 20 actually) and then one option (£.15 GBP) for a total of £73.15 rather than £76.00. The issue is that the quantity for your product is one, not 20, so the option price is 1x the price, not 20x the price.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 26, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Thanks for your reply. I ordered 20 from the dropdown which came to £73 and then added an extra for £0.15 which came to £76, as it should. When I pass this to PayPal it drops to £73.15 as it only adds one of the extras. Do you know why it's doing this?

6. How are you adding the correct quantity of options to achieve the correct total price?

The issue is with your product being a single product (a package of 20 in my example and yours) and the option apply to just one of that product. That's what PayPal is receiving. For the option to work, it needs to be applied to each individual product, so, 20 tea towels, rather than one bundle of 20. You will need to reconfigure the form to make this work when the transaction is sent to PayPal.

7. The dropdown menu is actually a product list and quantity fields appear using conditional logic and it's these that act on the additional options. It seems that PayPal doesn't recognise these hidden quantity fields.

8. That's correct, the hidden quantity fields will not be picked up by PayPal.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 27, 2013 | Permalink
  9. I've just hidden the quantity fields using CSS and this works fine.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 27, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Is this working for you now?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 28, 2013 | Permalink
  11. Yes it is, thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 28, 2013 | Permalink
  12. Thanks for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 2, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.