PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms missing after migration

1. My client migrated the site to a new host without me knowing. Now, I'm getting ...

Oops! We could not locate your form.

I'm reinstalled GF - but no luck. I've searched the forums, but haven't found an actual solution to this issue.

Any help?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm having a similar issue and started a thread yesterday, in case I get a response before you: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/lost-form?replies=6#post-43436

3. I'm having a similar problem but a little more unique. My client had two different sites, one was a domain forward to the main site. They switched the DNS last Friday from the domain forwarded one to the main one.

After that the form was not showing any longer on the page. I've reinstalled the plugin, deleted the files from the server and then re-installed version 1.6.1. I activated the plugin, but still having the same issue. I then updated the plugin but to no avail.

When I try to view the form, it gives me "Untitled" as if I am starting a new form.

When I try to view the entries, I receive this error:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tdsswift/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/forms_model.php on line 2275"

Plus it shows blank results for the entries.

I've looked in the database and all the data is there.

Any solution to this problem as of yet?

4. The PHP warnings are just that, warnings. They will not stop execution of the plugin or WordPress.

Sounds like you have an issue with the serialized data from migrating from one domain to another. You can try the Meta Recovery Tool we wrote to help recover from this problem.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

Changing domains or servers on a WordPress site is not always easy, and if everything is not handled exactly right, things like this will happen. You can recover from it, but it will take a little bit of work. Try the Meta Recovery Tool first and see if that helps recover your forms and entries.

Also, before you do anything, it makes sense to backup the database.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 9, 2011 | Permalink
  5. This advice applies to anyone who switched servers or switched domain names. When that's not handled properly, this can happen. If the domain name was properly changed in the database dump, and it was a different length than the old domain, the serialized values will be messed up, and the forms will not work.

6. Meta Recovery tool does not seem to do the trick. Installed and ran - still does not locate form.

http://www.cynergydata.com/about-us-2/contact-form/

7. @seanbaugh I'll be in touch directly via email in response to your Contact Us request.

8. Any help here? Havent received support in a few days. Problem still exists.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 15, 2011 | Permalink
  9. Hi Sean,

Go ahead and send me an WP login and FTP access and I will take a look.

10. David - can you email me. The company requires an IP address from the person accessing via FTP. If you can email me, I can pass your IP along to the client. Thanks!

11. seanb@matchboxstudio.com

12. I'm having this same issue. Has this been resolved? I'm particularly concerned because one of my forms has more than 2k entries and is quite involved from a layout perspective.

Update: The Meta Recovery plugin worked for this instance. Are there any guidelines to help us developers when migrating sites with Gravity Forms info data in the database?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 16, 2011 | Permalink
  13. @manifestcreative, the issue with dumping the database and replacing the domain name shows up when the values in the database are serialized. You can change the string easily but the length of the string is not updated. Here's a simple example of some serialized data from the wp_options table:

[php]
    s:37:\"http://mysampledomain.com/nome-alaska\";

where the 37 indicates the length of the string. If you change the domain name using find and replace in your favorite editor, the string gets changed but the length of the string is not updated.

for example:

[php]
    s:37:\"http://awesome.com/nome-alaska\";

The 37 there is no longer accurate and it causes the code to fail, because it tries to read too far. That's when bad things happen.

The BackupBuddy plugin from PluginBuddy takes care of this, I believe, according to their features list, but I have no experience with it. (no affiliation, just a bunch of nice guys there.)

I also posted my experience with how I handle it, here, not using the BackupBuddy plugin:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/how-to-migrate-gravity-forms#post-43152

That takes care of changing the domain name in the database dump after creating the new site. Before that, I usually have to change the table prefix as well, but only in the SQL statements, NOT in the wp_options table (where it's used for things like permissions.)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 20, 2011 | Permalink
  14. oh god this saved my life. thank you!

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday July 28, 2012 | Permalink
  15. Glad that helped you out.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday July 28, 2012 | Permalink