PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Free shipping for a certain postcode or if order value is greater than X

1. HI

Is it possible to offer free shipping if the users poscode is in a set list of postcodes or the order value is greater than X?

cheers

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

What I would do is the following:

Create a product that has a negative number discount equivalent to shipping. You can then use conditional logic to only show this item when certain values are met. You could have it set to be "show only if postal code is xyz abc".

Let me know if that helps.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 26, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Cheers David i'll give it a go!

will this also work for if total is > X as i couldnt see the total field in the list of fields when looking at the conditional logic stuff.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 27, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

I don't think it can compare against total. But you could create a SubTotal field by making a product, make that product a calculation and calculate the value. Then you could compare to the SubTotal value.

Or compare against the quantity because you know what the price would be based on that without actually having the total price. If you have a product worth $5 and want to offer free shipping when above $20, then you know that you need to have a minimum of 4 before free shipping kicks in.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 27, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hello,

Please help me with the calculations issue. I want to charge customers for shipping (always $4) under 2 conditions:
    1) for orders below $10 and the customer wants a shipping in the city center area;
    and
    b) for orders below $20 and the customer wants a shipping outside the city center area

That means that if a customer placed an order for >$10 and lives in the city center, shipping is free and if a customer placed an order for >$20 and lives outside the city center, shipping is free.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink