PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Front end user only : when clicking on the submit button nothing appens

1. Hi

It seems that the plugin doesn't function properly : when clicking on the submit button nothing appens (no error message if the fields aren't fullfilled correctly or no confirmation message appear).
    By the way the messages are taken into account (recorded and mail sent)
    As the user doesn't see anything I receive 20 mail for one form. And maybe I'm missing customer that doesn't see error message and think it is send...

Here is an error (extract from chrome tool) :
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number /demande-de-renseignement/:354
    Here is the code at line 354 (only the beginning) : <script type='text/javascript'>function gformInitSpinner_11(){jQuery(....
    And the error in Firefox tool :
    illegal character
    ...'disabled');if(form_content.length > 0 && !is_redirect){jQuery('#gform_wrap... /deman...nement/ (line 348, col 1072)

Here is the page you can find the form : http://www.littledancer.fr/demande-de-renseignement/

I also have a problem with the Chosen plugin : the close/delete button doesn't appear after each choice made in the multiple select field (the search icon in standard select as well but I don't care...)

This plugin worked perfectly previously, maybe it is the recent update...
    It is a problem wit jQuery probably but I'm a noob and can't help myself...
    FYI, I'm using striking theme.

Thanks for your help
    JG

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. The first step if you check for theme and plugin conflicts by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Let us know if the problem exists when using the default twenty ten or twenty eleven theme and no other plugins. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 3, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for your answer.
    The plugin is working properly with twentyten theme and all plugin activated.
    The plugin doesn't work properly with striking theme and only GF plugin activate
    It must be a theme conflict...
    Do you have an idea.
    I'm pretty sure the problem appeared with the last recent update of GF, the plugin was perfectly working with striking theme during august.

EDIT:
    After a little search on the forum my problem seems close to the problem exposed here :
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/167-not-working
    + the problem with chosen plugin...

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 4, 2012 | Permalink
  4. This is a theme conflict caused by a poorly developed ThemeForest theme. See a more detailed explanation via the last 3 posts in this thread:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/167-not-working?replies=22#post-74019

If you can email me the theme zip file to carl@rocketgenius.com we can take a look and determine what code in the theme is causing the problem.

We have yet to have a user send us one of the themes causing this issue so we really want to take a look at it.

But it's most definitely poor code in the ThemeForest theme you are using that is the cause. This is typical of ThemeForest themes. They are the biggest thorn in the side of plugin developers and are NOTORIOUS for causing problems. Most ThemeForest theme developers are just clueless and can make things look pretty but have no clue what they are doing from a code perspective.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink
  5. We have released Gravity Forms v1.6.7 which implements a work around for this ThemeForest theme issue. As mentioned above, this issue is caused by poorly developed ThemeForest themes that incorporate code that changes core WordPress behavior.

If you are encountering this issue, update to Gravity Forms v1.6.7 and it should resolve the issue. Be sure to refresh your browser cache after doing so.

If you encounter this issue after updating, create a new support forum post and report your issue as it's probably unrelated to the issue above.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.