PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Generate a form submission on form A thanks to a submission on form B

1. charlesantoineidrac

Hi there.

I want to do some A/B testing thanks to google experiments. The only problem is: If I use a new version of my form, then my data won't be in the original form, which would mean great troubles for my website...

So is there a way to have two form slightly different (order of fields for example): Form A and Form B.
    Submitting form A would generate a submission in form A.
    Submitting form B would generate a submission in both form B and form A.

This way I can make some A/B testing without disturbing the rest of my site...

Any idea on this issue ?
    Thx

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 17, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Unfortunately, the way Gravity Forms is set-up, it can't generate two leads with one submission without a great deal of custom code that goes well beyond any kind of help I could give here. For something like this, you would have to hire a developer to create an add-on that would give you what you want.

I am sure many people would like to see a split testing add-on for Gravity Forms, and some enterprising development firm could easily make some decent money producing and marketing one.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 17, 2012 | Permalink
  3. djbokka

@charlesantoineidrac Were you ever able to find a suitable solution? We're actually evaluating replacements for Gravity Forms specifically because it doesn't have A/B testing, has very limited 3rd-party integration and doesn't seem to be improving much in either respect. Seems we're constantly writing plugins to extend GF in one way or another.

I'd be curious to see what you ended up with.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 14, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Dallas, I did not see any public contact information for charlesantoineidrac in his profile, but I did find a user with that name at LinkedIn. This was the only topic ever created by charlesantoineidrac and I have not seen them around since.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday February 17, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.