PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Google Maps / geo-mashup plugin

1. I am looking to implement a forms solution with Google Maps or the geo-Mashup plugin. Ideally the user will fill in a form and place a marker in a Google map.

Does Gravity Forms support this?

Thanks
    Ben

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 9, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Hello Ben,
    Gravity Forms does not have built in integration with geo-Mashup or Google maps, but we do offer a variety of hooks that can be used to build this integration. You would need somebody with PHP knowledge to do it.

3. Hi Alex,

PHP knowledge is not a problem. How much work is required, are there instructions on the process and can you point me to any sites that have integrated?

Thanks
    Ben

4. Ben,
    Honestly, I don't know how much work is required, and I also don't know any sites that have pulled it off.
    What I can do is help you on how to use the Gravity Forms hooks, but I am going to need you to be a little more specific on exactly how you want this to work

5. I want to be able to create a form and as part of the form place a marker on a google map. This is what geo-mashup allows but on the post / page edit page when logged in.

Once we have the coordinates I would like to display the map with the rest of the submitted info...

6. It will require creating a custom field type. We do have some hooks in place that will help you with that, but you are definitely stepping into new grounds. I will be happy to point you in the right direction if you decide to tackle it.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday November 10, 2010 | Permalink
  7. silverado

I'm also interested in this. Are you planning to integrate your plugin with the GeoMashup plugin in future versions?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday July 10, 2011 | Permalink
  8. tomwhita

I'm looking to implement something like this on my site within the next 7 days. Can either of you help?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink