PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Forms and Capabilities - Editor Role

1. enailor

I have granted the Editor role the following capabilities:

• gravityforms_create_form
    • gravityforms_delete_entries
    • gravityforms_delete_forms
    • gravityforms_edit_entries
    • gravityforms_edit_entry_notes
    • gravityforms_edit_forms
    • gravityforms_export_entries
    • gravityforms_view_entries
    • gravityforms_view_entry_notes

The problem is that when the Editor tries to add new fields, nothing happens. They click, and the fields simply do not add to the form. I can upgrade them to Administrator, and it works fine. Is there a capability I am missing? From what I can see, seems only ones I have not granted are related to settings and uninstalling... don't want them to touch either of those.

Any ideas?

GF 1.6.3.3.4 in a WP 3.2.1 multi-site environment

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. enailor

Also tried in the No Conflict mode... no luck.

3. Maybe this post will help?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/opening-up-roles-to-gravity-forms-the-function-way

Are you using a Roles plugin I'm guessing?

4. enailor

I have already added these capabilities, with exception of uninstall and settings, and not using a plugin. I used the add_cap method in my functions.php file.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 26, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I just tested this out by using the code below and was able to add fields and update the form in an Editor role. Care to share the code you are using?

function add_theme_caps() {
    $role = get_role( 'editor' ); // gets the author role

$role->add_cap( 'gravityforms_edit_forms' ); // would allow the author to edit others' posts for current theme only
    }
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'add_theme_caps');

You could always check for theme/plugin conflicts:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 26, 2012 | Permalink