PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Gravity Forms connects to different mailchimp feed based on an input?

1. Helllo:

What I want is a form where user choose a city; and then they are added to a mailing list for that city (mailchimp feed). I dont know if they can be added to different mailchimp lists based on a form input. If this is not doable please let me know. I have thought about a workaround but it is not optimal. I could have them redirect to a page based on the city choice; and all those pages would have seperate forms which would then add them to the appropriate list in mailchimp. But that is really cumbersome and will be way cooler if we can have it feed directly from one form and get added to different feeds. Please let me know so I can decide how to approach this.

Thanks!

Gerard

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I am sorry but I ended up posting this twice, once under mailchimp as well; I tried to delete this post but could not find a way to do it...

thanks,

Gerard

3. If you have a different MailChimp list for each city you can configure your form so that you ask them which city they are in using a Drop Down field. Then add a MailChimp feed for each possible answer and set it to add the user to the appropriate list. You can add multiple MailChimp feeds per form. Use the conditional logic option on the MailChimp feed so it's only triggered if they select a specific value from the city Drop Down field you added.

4. huh - i saw that "opt-in" thing on the feed and thought it was something else; thanks i will try that!

5. twistystraws

Using this method, would it be possible to populate multiple mailchimp lists from one form? So if the form filler filled 2 or more check boxes, with each one feeding to a different list?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 31, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Yes. You would add multiple MailChimp Feeds for that form and set a different condition for each.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 31, 2011 | Permalink
  7. This is an old thread and maybe not so helpful, but in case you didn't know, Mailchimp actually does a pretty good job of tracking subscriber geo-location automatically behind the scenes, so depending on how you're using the location info, you may not need to collect that info on a form at all.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink