PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Quantity Field Vs. Number of Entries

1. ageshi

Hello,

We are using Gravity forms for Guestlist reservation. I understand the quantity field only works with the price form element. However, we want to use the quantity field to correspond to the number of entries that we set in the form settings. Is this possible?

thank you!
    Ash

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 24, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Ash. Do you have this form online somewhere? I'm not clear what you're trying to do yet.

The quantity is tied to the pricing fields, so unless you are using pricing fields like that, we won't be able to use that. But we can capture the number of guests somehow, and use that wherever you want. Where do you want to use the number of guests?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 25, 2011 | Permalink
  3. ageshi

Hi Chris,

The idea is simple. We want to take only certain "amount" of reservations for a Guest List. We have specified "Number of Entries" or in other words our physical capacity.

Currently, every form reservation is accounted for 1 entry. But, in order to allow our visitors to make reservations, we have created a field called "Number of guests". Allowing them to reserve for up to 30 individuals.

Is there a way to use the "Number Field" to behave the same way the "Quantity Field" does for the pricing field?

Thank you!
    Ash

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 25, 2011 | Permalink
  4. There is a way to do it using the hooks that are built in to Gravity Forms, but it will require some custom code. It's not built in to Gravity Forms, but it can be accomplished.

You will want to total up all the values of the number field, then compare that to the max number of entries, rather than just count the entries that have been submitted.

Let us know your comfort level with PHP and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Hi, I need the same feature. A maximum number of seats can be reserved, but multiple seats can be reserved in one form entry. Can you point me in the right direction here?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Any progress with this? I'd like to do this too.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 9, 2012 | Permalink
  7. @vouchey, please begin a new topic with a link to your form and a description of what you would like to accomplish. This topic is pretty old and I'd rather address your issue individually. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 10, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.