PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

horizontal alignment of radio buttons

1. I just purchased Gravity Forms to duplicate a form I created several years ago with FrontPage. Here's the old form.

http://www.doctorgolf.us/qfit/index.asp

As you can see I have the first group of radio buttons aligned horizontally. Is there a way I can do the same with a group of radio buttons in Gravity Forms?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 11, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Douglas Cox

This is easy to do using CSS Ready Classes built-in to the plugin. Check out this page in the plugin documentation for more.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 12, 2012 | Permalink
  3. douglascox,

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. How very convenient that they have these classes built-in. Unfortunately, they are not working for me. I tried several that are specific to aligning the radio buttons and they appear to be doing nothing. Is it possible there's a conflict with my theme, or another plugin?

4. Douglas Cox

Can you post a link to the form you're working on? It's unlikely that there would be a theme conflict with these classes as they are so uniquely named. Did you review the instructions at the top of the documentation page?

5. Douglas,

Here's the form I'm working on.

http://oakhillwd.com/doctorgolf/q-fit-online/

Yup, I reviewed the documentation at the top. It looks incredibly simple. I don't think I'm missing something.

6. Douglas,

I figured out what the problem is. The form is not saving the class for some reason. I'm using Chrome. Do you think that could be an issue.?

7. This is odd. I'm able to add a Validation Message in the field above the CSS Class Name. That saves just fine.

8. Douglas Cox

Hmm... I'm not seeing the ready classes added to the form at all. They should be added to the <li class="gfield"> that contains the entire field label and content. When I go on your page and add a ready class gf_list_inline manually using Firebug, it works great, so the style sheet is loaded and working properly. If you'd like to create a guest login I could take a quick look at the form setup if you want, but everything looks good from the outside.

9. Douglas,

I found another post that addressed the issue. Apparently I can't copy and paste the class from the webpage document with the classes. So I keyed it in and now it works. That is a little crazy. Guessing I could probably paste it into Notepad, recopy it, and then paste it. But at least I can just key it. Thanks for your help!!

10. Douglas Cox

No problem, glad you figured it out. Very strange quirk.

Cheers.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.