PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How can text users submit via GF become new draft posts?

1. Hello! I host a survey on a page of my site with GF. I want the survey responses to become posts, saved as drafts for my review. Basically, I want to be able to publish the survey results.

Any advice?

Thanks and happy holidays!

M

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 11, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Are you already creating posts with your Gravity Forms? If so, the post status of Draft is available so that the post will be submitted but will be in draft status for your review.

If you're not creating posts yet, let us know and we can help you with that. The best way to get started is to begin building a form and insert some "Post Fields" to the form to see how it all works.

3. Thanks for the quick response! No, I'm not creating posts yet, I just WANT to. I've never done it, but it sounds perfect! Is there a walk through posted somewhere?

THANKS

M

4. Thanks for the quick response! No, I'm not creating posts yet, I just WANT to. I've never done it, but it sounds perfect! Is there a walk through posted somewhere?

THANKS

M

5. Just checking in and "bumping" this - thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 12, 2012 | Permalink
  6. echoca

Look at the options in the form fields (title or body). In them you will see an option to save as post and the post status. If you search google for "gravity forms custom post type" you can find a plugin to use cpt's with gravity. Hope this helps. What you want to do is easy to do.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 13, 2012 | Permalink
  7. @Max, you build your form like any other form, but use fields from the "Post Fields" section on the right side of the form builder. Please see more documentation here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Form_Fields#Post_Fields

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 13, 2012 | Permalink