PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to add CC notification through Dynamic CC through Custom fields/Custom Metas

1. I created a custom Field/Custom Meta in all posts. I have a gravity form for in all posts so when a front end user goes to the post, they can submist the form. As the plugin works, when the for is submitted it goes to the backend under "Entries" where you can view who submitted the form.

NOW: When I created the custom field/custom meta for posts, this is for entering Email addresses. So, each post will have a different email address. What I want is when the form is submitted for that post, it is also being sent to the email address that was inserted in for that custom field/Custom meta. as well as being send to the admin.

So, I created the custom meta in my functions, and also calling it as so:

In Functions.php:

"propertyemail" => array(
    "name" => "propertyemail",
    "type" => "input",
    "std" => "",
    "description" => "Enter the propert listings email here",
    "title" => "Property Email"),

Then I am calling it so it is in all my posts with a variable:

$propertyemail = get_post_meta($post->ID, "propertyemail_value", true);

In the forms notification I see that when someone fills out a form it goes to the admin email and the code that is default look like this: {admin_email} as the default email notification, and I see there is a "cc" section.

Is there a way to add the custom email so anytime a form is filled out, it is also being emailed to the user that created the form's custom meta email?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. It does not look like we have enough information here to help you. Can you post all your code at pastebin.com or pastie.org so we can see it all at once?

You have a mismatch between propertyemail_value and propertyemail but I am not sure what you are actually using that code, so I'm not sure how it is supposed to be working.

Generally, you can send email to an address which you have stored in a custom field of the post. You can add an email field to your form, and make it hidden. Set the default value to {custom_field:propertyemail}. That will populate this hidden email field with the email address which is stored in your custom field. Then, that form field will be available to you in the drop down for the notifications.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday November 18, 2012 | Permalink