PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to set up scheduled export with a cron job?

1. A client of mine wants to have a monthly report of an enquiry form emailed to him automatically. I've done some searching and seen that there are possible plans to allow for a scheduled export to CSV in future releases. One of the posts refers to wrapping the Gravity Forms export functions in a cron job to automate the process.

Is there anyone out there who has done this, and would be willing to share the code or a how-to on it? Or any decent resources that could point me in the right direction? My PHP knowledge is fairly limited, though I know enough to tinker with existing code and get it to do what I need it to. I've never played with cron, but I'm happy to learn if it's not too high level.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 2, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Jon,

The support team isn't able to provide such a solution due to the time/code involved; however, we're happy to leave this topic open for other users who might have worked out a solution to share. Good luck! :)

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 2, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks, David, that's exactly what I'm hoping for :)

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 3, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Jackson Murphy

I have a client that wants this functionality too... Any one have any ideas?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 25, 2011 | Permalink
  5. sellara

The same request here, did somebody managed to do this?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 7, 2012 | Permalink
  6. jackstin

Yes we want are having alot of requests for this option. Or to be able to give access to a certain user to export their entries.

Is there a way give access to a user to edit and export a certain(id) GF?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 5, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I'm also very interested in this functionality - I'd greatly appreciate any help on achieving an automated scheduled report / data extract.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 4, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I'm writing the code right now .. if it's super easy I'll put together the how-to :)

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Figured it out .. should I do a blog post how to?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 8, 2012 | Permalink
  10. David Peralty

Of course, I'm sure there are lots of people that will be interested. :)

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 8, 2012 | Permalink
  11. nathan.taylor

Again, myself very interested WebMechanix...very much needed.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 9, 2012 | Permalink
  12. I too am interested in this, WebMechanix. Did you write a blog post on it?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 2, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Looks like this is WebMechanix's website if you'd like to check or contact him: http://www.seobywebmechanix.com

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 4, 2012 | Permalink
  14. Thanks Chris - I did actually track him down on Thursday and am in touch with him ;)

15. Great. Can you update us with your solution once you get this working? Thank you.

16. Chris, Keely, WebMechanix--I'd love to see what you have accomplished with this.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 5, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Any feedback on how to accomplish this?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 14, 2012 | Permalink
  18. Ahh so sorry guys, this is very do-able and I'm sorry I haven't written the blog post yet.. too busy :/

I'll get to it I swear.. keep beating me up!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 15, 2012 | Permalink
  19. Looking forward to your solution WebMechanix! Thanks in advance for sharing!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  20. andrebalza

A solution would be excellent! +1 here
    Thank you
    Andrea

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 17, 2012 | Permalink
  21. fishinstud

Looking forward to seeing that tutorial. Please link me up

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  22. Also looking forward to some sort of tutorial. Looking for a monthly export in CSV, preferably delivered via email or dumped to FTP.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 5, 2013 | Permalink
  23. You can find contact information for WebMechanix here:
    http://www.seobywebmechanix.com/contact/

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 5, 2013 | Permalink
  24. Definitely interested in any info on this! +1 here
    Thanks
    Doug

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 15, 2013 | Permalink
  25. Yes, +1 here too. I am working on similar functionality for a client. So far I am able to save to a .csv file all of the aggregated data via a PHP script but am not quite getting the formatting right.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 16, 2013 | Permalink
  26. steedancrowe - can you put what you've got up?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  27. For Joe and anyone else who's interested. I'm using this script to login to the database and get all of the data... some things will change depending on your install... then saving the data to a .csv file.

http://pastie.org/6630732

The next step is to send this file as an e-mail attachment... I'll hopefully be finishing this tomorrow and will post what I get.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  28. @steeancrowe - Thanks for putting this up. Any more revisions that you'd care to share?

I'm coming back around to this problem - anyone have anymore solutions?

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 1, 2013 | Permalink
  29. I am also working on a solution, which would be more like an Add-On, so everything would be handled through the admin interface instead of scripts.

30. David Peralty

That would be great alsc :)

31. Great alsc! I hope we will see it soon maybe?

32. Hopefully within a month or so.

33. Well, thanks to all of you that have taken this up. This seems to be a very "in demand" feature. I am hoping that whatever the solutions are, at the minimum will just dump the form data in CSV format to a directory. It would really help me out if it had the option to overwrite any existing file, so I can set up a scheduled download of the form data. My peeps just want to be able to open in excel, access etc. without having to futz around with different file names, etc. They just want to wake up, drink their coffee and see what happened in the last few hours or the last day.

Again, thanks to all who have taken this on.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 7, 2013 | Permalink
  34. ReplogleC

I'm definitely interested in seeing this solutions. Thanks for everyones hard work.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 28, 2013 | Permalink
  35. @alsc - Any updates? I hope it is going well.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday May 31, 2013 | Permalink
  36. I suspect the first alpha to be ready within a week. Then I and another user will test and get the plugin ready. That may take a few weeks more.

It took somewhat longer than expected but life intervened :)

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 2, 2013 | Permalink
  37. @alsc - life always does. Can I help test?

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 17, 2013 | Permalink