PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Line Items not carrying to Freshbooks

1. I'm connecting PayPal and Freshbooks to our gForm.

I'm having trouble getting our Line Items from gForms to Freshbooks. First I ran into the Product/Quantity fields issue, (cannot be set to [admin only] - http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/wont-go-to-pay), but fixed that, shortened the Fieldnames and PayPal is working great.

So I deactivated the PayPal feed to work on Freshbooks, which is creating a 0 [zero] Items and a 0 total on either Invoices or Estimates.

Account info is moving over, but no Pricing Fields with pricing values are making it to Freshbooks. I've tried this a few different ways now, maybe over 90min of testing, but no pricing values make it to Freshbooks.

I can't even get static Line Items to Freshbooks. What is the status of this functionality?
    Can you provide an example of how to get this working?

Is it the Pricing Fields? How can I easily consolidate my 5 product/options into 5 hiddens and then pass those to Freshbooks?

Any ideas or workarounds you have would be much appreciated.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Found this in another post... This can be modified to work for the Pricing Fields.
    http://pastie.org/1376398

But do I have a different problem? Why could I not get Static Line Items working?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Just tried to do this: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/item-description-to-freshbooks#post-14373

But nothing happened. Still empty Line Items in my Freshbooks Invoices. Can't even get static values to pass to Freshbooks. Am I missing something?

What's the deal here?
    Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Hi Bumperbucks,

Could you share a screenshot of how you have your Freshbooks feed setup in the add-on and also a screenshot of what the generated invoice looks like?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 9, 2012 | Permalink
  5. sure! here's the Freshbooks Plugin Screenshot. here's the Invoice List.

here's the Invoice.
    and here's our gravity form.

Note:
    The Plugin options will not hold any value, after the page is submitted. It just resets to empty, over and over. Static or dynamic values, doesn't matter.

Any help would be much appreciated. This form is critical to us.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 19, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi Bumperbucks,

To be clear, when you actually add the specific product line items and save the Freshbooks feed the line items are reset completely?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 19, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Yes. It will not save Product Line Items. Never has.
    I tried deleting and creating a new FB feed, but that also does not save the line items.

I also remember creating a new Form and assigning the FB feed to it, but also it would not save my Line Items in the feed. Why might this occur?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Is it possible the database tables for the add-on are corrupt or missing?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink
  9. 45north

I'm having the same problem, I can't get the static line items to stay, they disappear completely after I save the configuration. The newly created invoice has no line items and a zero value.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 1, 2012 | Permalink