PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Link to one page of a multi-page form

1. I have a large questionnaire that is spread across 18 pages. I'm using the Data Persistence add-on (which works pretty well so far). I know there's currently no way to make the progress bar linkable, but is there a way we can send our clients a hyperlink to, say, page 8, so we can get the most important sections quickly? As it is, it takes 5 seconds or so to switch between pages with the previous and back buttons, so it would take almost a full minute to use the Next button to get there.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Please see this post by Alex Cancado:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/form-progress-bar-with-images-targeting-different-pages#post-64541

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Sorry to be dense, but I can't get that working. Alex says something that's confusing to me: "As far as manually going from one page to the next, the trick is to set a hidden field to the page you want to go and submit the form."

Dez, then shows what he put in and says it didn't work and only goes to the next page. I copied and modified his and when I click, nothing happens. I can click the button and there's no activity, other than the button depressing. No waiting or anything.

Here's my code:
    <input type="button" value="Page 14" onclick="jQuery("#gform_target_page_number_6").val('14'); jQuery("#gform_6").trigger("submit",[true]); " />

The form is ID 6 and the page I want to jump to is 14.

What am I supposed to do with a hidden field?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Can you share a link to the form on your site where we can see how you have implemented this?

5. mypixel

I am in the same position - fingers crossed you get this working as I have the exact same requirement.

6. The form is private, so you need a login and password. I've posted a screenshot with the URL, login, and password (didn't see a way to PM and Twitter DM was being stupid). Go here for the screenshot:
    http://www.pcvalaw.com/audio/gform.jpg

At the bottom of that page is a link to Form 1 - that's where I've set up a link to page 14.

I tried to mirror what the "Next Page" button was, and when I go to inspect the element, the jQuery adds a space and makes it look like it's commented out (in Chrome's inspector).

See a picture of what I'm talking about here: http://i.imgur.com/1NuYo.jpg

It seems as though WordPress is detecting "jQuery(" as the onclick, as that's blue and the rest of the jQuery is brown. I wonder if I can use single-quote or a \" somewhere to solve this.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  7. Got it to work! I wrapped the jQuery in single quotes and left everything inside with double-quotes. Example:

<input type="button" value="Page 14" onclick='jQuery("#gform_target_page_number_6").val("14"); jQuery("#gform_6").trigger("submit",[true]); ' />

It took me to page 14. Thanks for the help. I'm going to take down the login info now that it works.

8. mypixel

Good work - I was just a bout to reply to say to try the same thing but you beat me to it.

9. Thank you for posting your solution.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.