PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Mailchimp not getting subscribers

1. Wordpress

Gravity Forms
    Version 1.6.5.1

Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On
    Version 1.7

Mailchimp form settings
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Phantomdentist/Screenshot-03_08_201213_12_14.png

Website
    innerlandscapes.co.uk

Forms submits fine but subscribers don't appear in mailchimp

Can provide Wordpress / Mailchimp login on request.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Did your subscribers ever show up in Mailchimp? Sometimes there is a small delay, not days though.

Also, are you using test email addresses or is this for real email addresses? Reusing the same email address is sometimes problematic with Mailchimp.

Finally, if you would like me to take a look, please do send login details for mailchimp and WordPress admin to chris@rocketgenius.com and I will take a look for you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 7, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I'm having a similar issue. I have tried using multiple real email addresses (none more than once). The GF response comes back just fine, but the info is not being posted to MailChimp. The form is located here: http://aug2012.experiencingspirit.com/

I've tried disabling the theme, using Twenty-Eleven, and have tried disabling plug-ins.

Thanks…

4. @koamedia, I just subscribed. Please let me know if the entry arrives and if I am subscribed at Mailchimp. If it does not work with my email address, it's likely the configuration of your form, your Mailchimp settings, Mailchimp feed, or something on the server preventing communication with Mailchimp.

5. Just discovered another instance. This is a form that had been working fine. There is another form here: http://www.southfield.com/request-information/

It looks like it stopped posting on July 18. I wondered if it had to do with a plugin update, so I tried installing the 1.6.1 MailChimp plugin. But that didn't seem to have an effect.

6. I just tested this on one of my accounts and I had a similar experience. My form submission went through, but I was not subscribed at Mailchimp. My list had no groups.

As a troubleshooting step, I added a group (2 groups actually) and added checkboxes to my form. Then I subscribed again, and I was added to the list in the proper group. So I am wondering if it's related to the fact that there were no groups.

I wonder if you can add a group to your list (even an "All Subscriber" group) and then always subscribe visitors to that group and your list at the same time? Maybe that would work? We can continue troubleshooting and I will bring it to the attention of the developers. As a work around, maybe adding a group at Mailchimp will help. You will have to re-map your feed after that. Please let me know if you are able to try this.

You can test my form here (don't worry, I won't send any emails):
    http://gravity.chrishajer.com/post-69279/

You will receive an opt-in email from Mailchimp and if you confirm, you will receive a confirmation email from Mailchimp.

7. For reference, Groups were added to the Mailchimp Add-on in January 2012, version 1.6:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-mailchimp-add-on-v1-6-released/

However, there may have been a change which affected this functionality afterward. We will investigate.

8. Russell

We're having the same issue. I added a group but it did not fix the issue. Any updates from your developers? Here's the form url: http://www.serendipitylabs.com/daypass/

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 15, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Can you try remapping your feed after getting your Mailchimp account set up the way you want it? We were unable to reliably recreate the problem. Remapping the feed helped.

10. Russell

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain?

11. Russell

I updated the mailchimp settings in the form admin area but it's still not working. Gravity Forms is getting the form data properly, but Mail Chimp gets and sends nothing. It worked once this morning for one email address. All addresses that have been submitted have been unique.

12. If it worked once, it's probably not an issue with the feed or with your settings at all. Please send me an email at chris@rocketgenius.com and I will send you a logging add-on beta so we can possibly capture what's going on. Please reference this topic in your email. Thank you.

13. TimmyD

Ditto, I was having the same issue.

I went through all the forms and made sure the fields and their respective options were all labelled *exactly the same*. did the trick.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  14. @TimmyD, is your feed working properly now, with subscribers being added to Mailchimp?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 17, 2012 | Permalink
  15. TimmyD

Well....it was working. Seems to have stopped and my previous hypothesis of the data labels matching up may now been wrong as I've triple checked and it doesn't seem to be making it across.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

16. TimmyD

But now I've un-installed version 1.7 and gone back to 1.6.1 with exactly the same settings - it's now working.

Once I realised it was working I re-added some groups in Mailchimp and filtered the entries through to them appropriately. This also worked.

So, in summary, I think 1.7 seems to have some bugs and the list field labels in Mailchimp mst exactly match those on the form. Note there is a character limit to those Mailchimp labels so even if you copy and paste in the full label from your form, once saved, mailchimp may have automatically cut it short.

Best
    Tim

17. Thank you for posting your troubleshooting tips.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 18, 2012 | Permalink
  18. Is it possible to download v1.6.1 to use while v1.7 is sorted out? I started using Gravity Forms after v1.7 was released and cannot find a place to download v1.6.1.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 19, 2012 | Permalink
  19. ndrapiza, please email me at chris@rocketgenius.com and I will try to get you the earlier version.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 20, 2012 | Permalink
  20. I have the same problems. No additions are being made correctly in Mailchimp to my lists or groups.
    I have re-synced everything a number of times and removed added the addon & data.
    I did have one odd occurrence of a subscriber being added to a completely different list in my MC account even though, the syncing, groups and setup was for another list.

Using 1.7 also. I have emailed you Chris, for 1.6 or a fix which will get this working.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 22, 2012 | Permalink
  21. @Weavebranding, I responded to your email. Let me know if that works out for you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 22, 2012 | Permalink
  22. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I'm having this same issue with mailchimp. It's only with one of my forms though. I currently have three forms on the site in question. One of them, the largest, is not posting information to mailchimp. The other two are working like a charm, so far. I'm now subscribed to this thread. - Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink
  23. Can you please post a link to your form, or the form where it works and also the form which does not work. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 29, 2012 | Permalink
  24. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I recreated the form in mailchimp and left out everything but the most vital information when connecting it in Gravity Forms on the site, email, first name, last name and phone number. Now it works fine. I'm just not gathering all of the info in mailchimp, and I'm using Gravity Forms to send notifications to people that need the information to contact those who fill the form out. While not ideal, it's a work around for now. The form can be found here: http://tidewatergolf.com/golf-packages/

Thanks,

25. i'm also having trouble with Gravity Forms not connecting/sending information to MailChimp. it worked at some point then stopped. now it's intermittent in a way i haven't completely tracked down. i disabled plugins, etc. etc. i'd also like to have the previous version.

some notes:
    -i'm seeing a delay of over 12 hours from GF to Mailchimp for the few that do get through, which doesn't feel like integration.
    - same email addresses is definitely and issue

Question, once the initial API is put in, if i disable it from MailChimp and want to set up a new one, where do i accomplish that?

26. @cxchange, have you tried creating a simple contact form with less information as BizBuzz did, to see if there is a problem with mapping the fields or something like that?

If you'd like the earlier version, please send an email to chris@rocketgenius.com - thank you.

27. andrewmccauley

I'm having the same problem, but it has never worked for me since I bought GravityForms just today. I did try the same form on 2 different domains on 2 different hosts with no luck.

One thing I did notice is that there is a red dot in the "result" column of the MailChimp API panel for the "listSubscribe" method. All the other methods had the green check in the "result" column.

@Chris Hajer, I emailed you about getting a copy of v1.6.1 to try it out.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 30, 2012 | Permalink
  28. @Andrew, I emailed you last night. Let us know if you need more help.

29. Hi Chris,
    I am having the same problem on this site:
    http://goo.gl/K0KGv
    The form is successfully submitting to Gravity Forms, but is not adding users to the Mail Chimp list.

30. @Josh, I would be happy to take a look at your WordPress site if you send me an administrator login to chris@rocketgenius.com - are you have the API failures logged at Mailchimp as well?

Andrew's situation is still unresolved.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 31, 2012 | Permalink
  31. Thanks Chris. I resolved the problem.
    I believe that ticking the double opt-in option is what did it because MailChimp needed the confirmation email to add the record.

32. OK, glad you were able to resolve that. Thanks for the update.

33. I am having the same problem - I downgraded the mailchimp addon (happened to have ver 1.5 handy) and now it works... Something isn't working right in the latest version of that addon.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 1, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.