PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Merge tags in HTML field

1. Hello,

I am looking to use merge tags in an html field, just as I do with a content template that I use to create user-generated custom posts.

What I am basically trying to achieve is that when users fill out the form and content is being generated, that the user gets a preview of the post before submitting (so allowing them to go back and edit).

So, with a multipage form I can make sure that the users fill out the form and go to a second page, but when I add an html field to show them their post, it does not include the merge tags that the user just filled in.

Of course I could put it in the confirmation, but then the user does not have an option to go back and edit, because the content is already submitted.

Could anyone help with this or is it not possible?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 9, 2012 | Permalink
  2. What you're trying to do isn't currently possible.. Merge tags aren't supported in the HTML blocks.

3. Ok that is very clear and saves me some time fiddling about :) thanks !

4. Sure. We've discussed the best way to add a "preview" page/window before submitting the form and it's something that we eventually want to add to the plugin.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.