PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Quantity Field Not Accepting Decimals

1. I'm using Gravity Forms version 1.6.3.3.4. I'm trying to use the standalone Quantity field and despite it having a mask that would indicate it accepts decimals, I am getting an 'Invalid Value' error when I put in a non-whole number. Any thoughts? My first preference would have been to actually use qty portion of the 'Product' field but that too gives me an invalid value error if inputting non-whole numbers. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 23, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Matt, that seems to be because PayPal requires the use of a whole integer (whole number) to be valid.

3. Thank you for the reply. I was hoping from this post http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/quantity-field-decimal-place, that this issue might have been resolved. So, even if you are not using Paypal this is still a requirement? Is there anyway to suppress that requirement. I'm betting not but figured it is worth at least asking. Thanks.

4. Well, I was able to get my product/option/quantity fields on my test form to accept decimals in the quantity. It's just when going to PayPal it arose as an issue. So if you just want to setup a regular form that has no payment gateway setup it should go through as a regular form entry perhaps.

5. Hmmmm. This is for something on our intranet site so it is completely for internal use and there is no payment gateway attached. Perhaps one of the other plug-ins we are using is causing the problem. I guess I'll just have to play around w/ it for a while.

6. It very well could be. Just curious what would someone need 2.3 of, for example? :)

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 24, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Im having the same problem, and this isnt a purchase form. I only get the error in Chrome, where the numerical stepper control appears in the field- ???

As a fix, I have gone back to an open-ended text field. Has anyone else experienced this?

8. David Peralty

What error do you get? What browser does it work in? What do you mean by a numerical stepper control?

9. See this article here. I'll see about getting the step="any" implemented.

10. Rob- thanks. That explains why I only get the error in Chrome. It would be nice to get that option so that you can have a field restricted to numerical values but inclusive of decimals. Thanks!

11. No problem, we're wrapping up the 1.6.4 release now and this will be included in it.

12. As Rob mentioned above this additional attribute will be added to the Number field in Gravity Forms in the final v1.6.4 release which we are wrapping up now. It will be released this week.

The only solution to this issue until the final v1.6.4 version is released is going to be to disable HTML5 output in the Gravity Forms Settings.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.