PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

More than one image field

1. wooizo

Hi,

I tried searching and fiddling with the edit form but just couldnt find a solution.

I want to allow users to upload images, more than one.

Is there an option to do so as I do not want to add 20 upload image field when the user only has 4 images to upload. I want to give the user and option to upload and click the add button somewhere if the user has more than one image to upload.

Thanks,
    Help appreciated anyone as I am a noob in computer stuffs

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. wooizo

erm anyone? is this possible or not???

3. The File Upload and Post Image field only supports one file at a time. So if you want multiple files you would have to add multiple fields to your form.

This is default behavior of the PHP file uploader and browsers restrict things to only one can be selected.

We do plan on supporting multiple files per upload in a future update but will have to incorporate Flash and/or more advanced jQuery to make it possible.

4. wooizo

anyone want to code this for me? I can pay.

Please offer.

5. wooizo

hi guys, I found this plugin and they are able to add more than one images.

http://perishablepress.com/user-submitted-posts/

If anyone can help integrate that code into gravity, help appreciated.

6. wooizo

hi guys, anyone can help with the following?

Any freelancers can help, willing to pay USD 150 for this simple job

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday March 26, 2011 | Permalink
  7. The issue isn't as simple as implementing a multi-file upload field to Gravity Forms, you then have to tell Gravity Forms how to handle and process those multiple files and where they should be stored and displayed in the entry data. So it isn't a simple customization and would require core changes to Gravity Forms.

It is a feature that we are going to be adding to the plugin, but it's more complex than it sounds so we have to change Gravity Forms to handle multiple files at once from one field before we can add the field itself.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday March 27, 2011 | Permalink
  8. I created a form that allows to upload 3 images to the same custom field (images gallery). However, only firs image (link) shows up in this custom field. Each time I have to add manually two more links to this field. Is there any way to have all 3 links in this custom field separated with comas?

Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 2, 2011 | Permalink
  9. Hi Russianor,

I did a local test and was able to upload multiple images to the same custom field:

http://grab.by/agMS

Are you using the latest version of Gravity Forms?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 2, 2011 | Permalink
  10. WOW! Very impressive :) How did you do it?

Yes, I'm using the latest version of Gravity Forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 3, 2011 | Permalink
  11. That is how it works by default. Are you applying any custom code using Gravity Form hooks?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 3, 2011 | Permalink