PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

multi-page form must be completed all at once??

1. rodrigo.rasp

hello, this multi-page form must be completed all at once or
    can you save and return step by step from where it stopped? since it is made ​​to fill out forms extended service.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. No. There isn't currently any way to save an uncompleted form and return to it.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/save-and-continue-and-save-and-quite-submit-button-in-a-form#post-20847

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 13, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Would love the functionality to save and return... :)

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  4. +1 - I would love to be able to save and return to a form - tying the saved form to a registered user's profile. For the site I'm working on now we could assume users would already be registered and logged in prior to starting the form. Thank you!!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 10, 2011 | Permalink
  5. twistystraws

This would be a great feature. Has it moved on any since March? Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink
  6. It hasn't been implemented yet. It is still a feature that we plan on adding. But we want to make sure that how we add it is the correct way rather than just throwing a quick solution into the mix. We want it to be well thought out so that it makes sense to the end user.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink
  7. +1 on seeing this implemented. Thank you guys once again for a great plugin.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 22, 2011 | Permalink
  8. I would like a form plug in that saves progress as well. The work around for me right now with a free form builder is to add a checklist at the end of each section for the user to indicate which sections they have completed and not make anything mandatory. Then I will have to merge data from multiple form submissions. Not fun but no choice.

If Gravity can make a form that saves progress, I would buy today.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 12, 2012 | Permalink
  9. noahcrem

+1 -- I would have bought a developer account over a year ago if there was a "Save & Return" function. Instead I'm using FormAssembly which has a very nice and highly function "Save & Resume Form" option.

Please add this capability soon. It's KEY for anyone make long application forms or doing extensive surveys. For me it's a 'make-or-break' feature.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 17, 2012 | Permalink
  10. It is going to be added in a future version. There is always a lot of development going on and this is a substantial feature. I believe it's been targeted for 1.7.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 17, 2012 | Permalink
  11. noahcrem

Excellent! Is there a target date for 1.7?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  12. No release date has been set. The next release will be 1.6.3, which does not include these enhancements.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  13. bwp2004

+1

This would be extremely helpful for long forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink
  14. +1 here as well. This type of functionality has become a very popular request from clients for things such as online job applications or certification applications for grants or applications for status being bestowed by a non-prof for compliance with standards they promote.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 4, 2012 | Permalink
  15. +1 Agree. My intake form is divided in two. Part 1 Gravity = awesome for integration. Part2 = need to depend on form assembly due to the save and resume function.

My form is long people would hate me if they lost there work.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 7, 2012 | Permalink
  16. +1 Please : )

I currently use Wufoo for my client questionnaire, and have it divided into three forms so they can choose to complete them individually or one after the other. Problem is that I sometimes have to choose between hunting them down to get the info for that third section myself, or declining/delaying the job.

Also +1 on a progress bar. IMO it's a good motivational tool…especially when most of the hard questions are at the end ; )

I just bought the GF developer's license and am contemplating whether I should bring my forms into GF and continue with three separate forms for now, or just hang out with Wufoo and hope save and resume will come soon…or just force clients to complete the whole thing or lose their work!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 13, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Richard Vav
    Administrator

@Teresa the Gravity Forms page break field can already be configured to use a progress bar to display the users progress through a multi-page form.

Check out the documentation for more info on the page break field, http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Page_Break

18. Thank you, Richard. If I opt to bring the whole thing into Gravity Forms I will use that.

19. GZA

Just noticed this feature exists in the latest version of Mach Forms, it requires users' email address so they can resume filling out their form later.

This is a must have feature in my opinion, particularly for lengthy forms where people may not have all the info we are requesting .

@richdav, I was looking at one of your examples of the roofing site earlier today and noticed that the last page was showing the progress bar as 100% completed, even though I hadn't filled in any fields on that last page.

A minor detail, I know, but really it should show partial completion and only show 100% AFTER those details have been collected and the user has moved on to the final confirmation page.

20. +1, this is a must have for long forms, multi-page enrollments, ect.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  21. is there a release date for 1.7 where this change will appear, I need this solution yesterday.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 22, 2012 | Permalink
  22. kamdiba

+1 on this feature -- need this asap as well.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.