PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multipage - prevent next page from scrolling to form

1. My form is near the top of the page. Is there a way to prevent the page from scrolling to the form when the "next" button is clicked?

http://californiamedicareplans.com/

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

You can add ajax=true to your form embed call to use AJAX to go through pages, and then it won't reload the entire page and go to the anchor we have set for the form.

3. David,

Thanks for following up. This is the shortcode I'm using: [gravityform id="5" name="californiamedicareplans.com - top quote box" title="false" description="false" ajax="true" tabindex="1000"]

I also have the form set to allow animation.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

4. David Peralty

Which form specifically are we trying to work on?

5. the one in the blue box where you enter the zip code first

6. David Peralty

It looks like Gravity Forms' JavaScript calls are all in the footer of your theme, and they should be in the header. This is why it isn't using AJAX and animating correctly. If you are unable to change this yourself, you will want to contact the theme author about this. They probably did this to try to be efficient, but it is breaking your ability to do what you want.

7. It looks like AJAX is working for the conditional logic on the buttons. Is it separate javascript for the page transitions? Just want to make sure that's the case before I contact the theme author.

I really appreciate your help.

- Danny

8. David Peralty

If you e-mail me an admin login for your site, I can dive in and double check everything before you contact the theme author.

My e-mail is peralty@rocketgenius.com and please reference this post when you send the details.

9. David Peralty

For anyone else reading this. I've confirmed that our JavaScript calls need to be in the header of a theme for them to work correctly. Danny had all his settings right.

Themes often move JavaScript other than JQuery to the footer as there has been research done to say this loads faster, but only dial-up users are really going to notice a difference, so let's try to get theme authors to reverse that trend a bit so that users don't have to jump through hoops to get plugins working.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.