PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multiple entries, single submit

1. zamson

Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing a developer license but first I have a question.

Client is holding an event with form registration. Every person can register up to 10 people at once. I guess I could have a select drop down "number of persons" and use conditional logic to add the fields accordingly. How ever this would result in Name 1, Name 2, Name 3 etc as a single entry. Is it possible to do this as multiple entries? Client wants to be able to easily see how many people has registered for the event.

Is it possible with Gravity Forms?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 15, 2011 | Permalink
  2. A form can only create a single entry. In order to show how many people have registered you would have to write some custom code to query the entry data and total up the values for the field that is used to select how many people have registered and then display that somewhere for them within the site. We can help you with a code snippet for this if you need to do this.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 15, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hey! I'm interested in a feature like this as well. In our case, it has to do with product registration and warranty. We've created a form that allows users to register their products on our site.

Its possible that a user has purchased more than one product, yet each product needs to be listed as a single entry. Each product also has a unique serial number.

I see the process working as follows:
    Step 1 - User supplies all of their personal information -> Name email phone number etc

Step 2 - User selects how many products they want to register (Conditional logic then supplies "X" # of registration fields).

Step 3 - User completes all of the registration fields and enters a unique serial # for each and submits the form

Step 4 - Upon submit, the form loops through the contact information and registration number per the "X" number of registration fields as supplied in step 2. Resulting in multiple entries in the Gravity Forms database.

Any ideas?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday March 24, 2011 | Permalink