PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

multiple fields on one line

1. carogal

Hello, is it possible to put multiple fields on one line?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 6, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Yes, we have ready classes you can apply to fields that automatically place them inline for you.

3. Richard Vav
    Administrator

It sure is, once you have purchased gravity if you check out the css ready classes in the documentation then add the class you want to use to the css class name on the advanced tab for each of the fields you want to place on the same line.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/CSS_Ready_Classes

If you get stuck post a link to the page with your form on it so we can help you out.

4. carogal

thank you, now my form has been designed with Breezing Forms because I was using Joomla, but now I pass and I think wordpress Gravity Forms can answer what I want. See my form at the moment, I need the same thing with Gravity. Is this possible?
    http://www.isra.fr/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&Itemid=59&lang=en

5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

The only thing that Gravity Forms doesn't do out of the box is the fieldsets which you have used to break your form up into several sections, it is still possible to use fieldsets but it requires a little bit of extra work using the html fields.

As for everything else Gravity will do it all, in fact you could even go a bit further and use Gravity's conditional logic to hide your 'other' text fields and only display them if other is selected on the drop downs.

6. GZA

A couple of things, I thought fieldsets would be a definite feature in any form builder. No?

Although I have owned a GF dev license for a couple of years, I have never used it to date, so assumed this was a feature.

@richardvav can you give me some pointers on where to begin implementing this?

We're planning to build our site using Twitter Bootstrap, so I assume the GF built-in classes will be of no use to us and we'll have to use our own custom classes?

7. Richard Vav
    Administrator

@GZA Kevin put together a bit of a walkthrough for how to accomplish fieldsets using html fields http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/fieldsets#post-17019

The Gravity Forms built-in classes would only be of no use if you are planning on disabling the gravity forms css output, the gravity forms css would normally be included after all your other theme css so the gravity forms styles should still work.

8. GZA

@richardvav Thank you! Much appreciated. Read the discussion and can see this being a problem to implement for us. Not a big deal I suppose as we can group the elements of our form how we like on the front end, yes?

9. carogal

Thank you, I order tomorrow and I will try to understand how it works. I don't know how to indicate that this topic is solved ? Thank you again.

10. carogal

Oh no, I forgot to ask if GF works with WPML (Multilingual WordPress Plugin) ...

11. Hi just wanted to ask
    if you have any plans for adding 4 columns option
    also
    when you use conditional logic to hide and show fields
    they don't show up properly in IE7 any more.

Cheers

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 8, 2012 | Permalink