PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multisite and Updating the Plugin

1. JenniferR

I was wondering what the correct procedure is to update GF when it is installed on a multisite network? I currently have the plugin installed and NOT network activated but instead activated on a site by site basis. Should it be network activated? I see that there is an update to the plugin after I put my license key in but I can't find a way to update the plugin via the network admin. Instead, I get a notification to update when I log into the main site on my network. It would be ideal if the updating process was controlled via the network admin like other plugins. Should I just update the plugin via the main site? Will that roll out the update to the other sites in the network or will it only update the main site?? Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 26, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I don't know whether this is the "correct procedure" or not; but here's my set-up (which achieved what you're trying to accomplish):

I DO have the plugin Network Activated. I then updated the plugin from the Network Admin area and then passed the update onto the entire network.

3. JenniferR

Thanks Pablo. So today I log in and I now have the ability through the network admin panel to update even though mine is activated site by site... So it looks like maybe I spoke too soon! (I think what happened was that I put the license key in one of the sub sites, and later on in my main site so the update maybe didn't show up yet when I wrote the message?)

Anyway... I would still like to know if we are supposed to network activate or not. I have heard of people doing it both ways, but I'd like to know what is the best way if you want each site to have it's own contact forms independent of the other sites in the network. Glad to hear it's working for you Pablo being Network Activated. I will try that too and see what happens. :)

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you still require assistance with this please open a new support ticket or a priority support ticket if you are a developer license holder. Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 27, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.