PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Non Editable Text Field Request

1. Basically, it's a field that returns dynamically generated content, but doesn't allow users to edit it.

Example:
    In a classified site where there are both subscription plans and pay per ad plans, the "Add a New Ad" form would populate differently (conditional logic) based on dynamically generated field that brings back the users Advertising Plan, but I don't want users able to edit the field and thus edit the rest of the form, like skip payment steps.

I know I can use hidden fields, but I want the information visible to users, but not editable.
    I'm doing this now with using a Jquery Snippet I found somewhere in the forums, but the site is getting bigger, more forms are being added, which means lots more little jquery snips for fields I don't want edited.

Would be happy to elaborate if that isn't clear.

Thanks for the great plugin,
    JW

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 20, 2013 | Permalink
  2. JW, you should be able to use this single script: http://pastebin.com/z9vYHU3U
    You can place this script at the bottom of your form in an HTML field if you'd like.

Then place the "gf_readonly" class to each field where you'd want this to apply.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 20, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Rob, thanks for the tip! Working perfectly.

JW

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 21, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Right on, glad to help.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 21, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.