PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Number fields only accept whole numbers?

1. kevinmcgillivray

Hi, guys. I just purchased Gravity Forms and it's awesome. It seems that "number" fields on my site will only accept whole numbers, not decimals, though. Decimal values are rejected. I really need my form to accept decimal values such as "156.5". I've looked over the documentation and forums and forgive me if I missed a previous post about this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Kevin

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 11, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Kevin,
    It looks like you found a bug. Number validation currently only allows 2 decimal digits.

3. kevinmcgillivray

Thanks, Alex. I just sent you an email.

Kevin

4. Looks like this still isn't fixed on current release. At least newest version only allows two decimals here.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 26, 2011 | Permalink
  5. This won't be fixed until the 1.5.3 release due to some auto-formatting changes we are going to have to make to that field and other enhancements we are making to it. If you need the code snippet referenced above you can contact Alex and he can provide you with it.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 26, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Aaron Forgue

I, too, am looking forward to this fix. I have a form field that needs to accept any decimal value greater than 0.5.

Thanks for the update, Carl.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  7. The 1.5.3 release I mentioned is going to be release as v1.6. So that is the release that will include this update.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  8. garethc

Hi

Can I get this code snippet please?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday August 13, 2011 | Permalink
  9. I'm running 1.5.3 and this bug is still persisting apparently. Can you post the code snippet?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday October 12, 2011 | Permalink
  10. This is corrected in the Gravity Forms v1.6 release which is available as a development release on the Plugin Downloads page right now. It will be released via automatic update next week.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 13, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.