PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Numeric Ranking Survey

1. I'm interested in creating a survey form that lists 11 items I want my respondents to rank in a numerical order based on personal priority. I don't see a way to do this in Gravity Forms. Am I missing anything? How would one ask a survey-ee to rank 11 items in order of importance?

This question was asked in this thread over a year ago. I've not been able to find any answers in other searches.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/ranking-items-against-one-another

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday May 31, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

So, I've been giving this some thought, and there doesn't seem to be any way to really do what you are asking except with a lot of modification through hooks and JS.

You could just have drop downs next to each item that has the numbers 1 to 11, but the issue is that the fields aren't tied to each other so that when someone selects a number, it is removed from the other drop downs. Nor is there any way to easily make sure there are no duplicate numbers when they are ready to submit.

You could create a custom validation that checks all the dropdowns for duplicate selections and then gives back a message saying "Please make sure each selection uses a unique number".
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_validation

That's the best I could come up with.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 1, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Good morning David,

Many thanks for the response. It seems to me this would be something very useful for a survey/form plugin. What is the likelihood we would be able to see functionality like this incorporated into future revisions of the plugin?

As it stands, I'm going to have to resort to Constant Contact's Survey functionality for this need. I'd much rather stick with the Gravity plugin since it incorporates with our website so wonderfully.

4. David Peralty

I agree with you. I will let our development team know and we will add it to the list. I am not sure of timelines though as there is lots we are working on that is pretty amazing and while it might not fit these needs, it will add some amazing functionality.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.