PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Options Field in Pricing Section

1. I'm creating a form where the visitor has to select from 3 options. 1 option is $60, option 2 is $80 and option 3 is $100.

I've used the Option Field from the Pricing Section and then a Total field at the end (thinking it would total all the selections).

However, when I attempted to set up the Paypal section for this form, it said I don't have any product fields.

What did I miss or is there a better way to do this?

Here's the link:

http://monetizemyhobby.com/spring-fling-2011/solo-duo-trio-register/

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I tried to "Enable Values" too and that didn't seem to do anything...

3. Option fields are Pricing Fields but they aren't Product fields. This is why PayPal said there wasn't a Product on your form. You need at least one Product field on your form for PayPal to work. You have to use Product fields, not option fields.

Option fields are for options on a Product. So for example a Product Field would be a t-shirt, an Option would be the size.

Option Fields are associated with a Product Field. If you have one Product Field on your form then adding Option Fields automatically associate it with that Product Field. If you have multiple Product Fields then when you add the Option Field you select which Product it is tied to.

So what you need to do is use the Product Field for your 3 price selections.

4. So what you mean is to take out the option fields and create a Product field for each option instead?

So if there are 30 routines a participant could register for and there are 3 different price points, I'll need to create 90 product fields?

Is that right?

Is there another way that would take less time to modify?

5. Yes, you need to use Product fields if it's a Product. Options or Options on a Product. Product fields are the primary Pricing Field.

I'm not sure how you are trying to use the form and the Add-On, 90 products on one form seems extreme. You need to see what makes sense for what you are trying to do. That could be Products with Options or it could just be Products. I don't know what you are trying to sell or how you are trying to present it so it's difficult to make a suggestion.

There isn't another way, Product fields are the primary Pricing Field and is what the PayPal Add-On uses to pass information to PayPal. Options get passed also, but they are attached to a Product.

6. Can Product fields with Multiple Choice options enable conditional logic for upcoming fields?

7. Yes, you can apply conditional logic using product fields if they are multiple choice or drop down product fields as the conditional.

8. Here's what I'm doing:

Creating on Online Registration process for a dance competition.

A person can register for 1 routine or up to 30 routines.

Each routine can have 1-3 dancers.

If there is 1 dancer, it's $60, 2 dancers - $80, and 3 dancers - $100.

I'd like the client to be able to select a Product Field with multiple choice where they can pick Solo, Duo, or Trio.

The fields that show below are conditional based on what type of routine they select.

If it's a solo, then on dancer's name field shows, if a duo, then 2 dancers, names, etc.

I tested this but got an error and couldn't edit the fields for some reason.

Hope this makes sense. I'm not really sure what the best option is at this point (I don't want to have to re-write the entire form again).

Please help!

9. This is the form: http://monetizemyhobby.com/spring-fling-2011/solo-duo-trio-register/

I used the Options Field thinking that would work, but have now found out that the options field should have been a product field with multiple choice options.

What I'd like to do is be able to switch out the Options Field with a Product field and keep the conditional logic as it is.

Is that possible?

10. I know with Google Forms I can go to a field and change the type so it doesn't lose it's place holder - is that possible here?

11. I created this replacement form:

http://www.pastie.org/1576723

To replace this:

http://www.pastie.org/1576729

My plan is to change each section with the new code (30 times) and then edit the ID fields accordingly?

Is there a better way?

Is there a faster way to change ID codes than by just scrolling through and changing them manually?

Thanks for your help!

12. It might be possible but i'd have to look into it first. It's not something the UI provides for.

13. It is working here: http://monetizemyhobby.com/dance-america-nationals-2011/register-team/

But there are a few different features on this new form that I wasn't aware of.