PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Options for each product

1. Hello,
    Is there a way to offer s separate choice of options for each item a customer selects?
    For example, if I'm selling widgets and the user indicates a quantity of 5, can I offer them Widget 1: Options 1-3, Widget 2: Options 1-3, and so on for a total of 5 series of options? The options I'm looking to offer are identical for each product, but customers will want different selections per item.
    Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

When you add an option field, in its settings, it has a dropdown that is called Product Field, and this lets you tie options to their parent products. All my best!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Thanks, I've been using that. I guess my question wasn't clear. What I want to do is create on the fly as many options fields as the user entered in quantity. So, for example, if they choose a quantity of 2, 2 option fields tied to that product should appear. If they choose 6, 6 options fields would appear--without my having to create each one individually (because, theoretically, a person might order 97 widgets. I don't want to have to create as many option fields as someone *might* use)

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

We don't have conditional creation of fields as of yet. This is a highly requested feature, but requires a huge number of complex pieces of code to make work as expected. Currently, the only field that allows front end users to add fields to your form are list fields, and they aren't able to be tied into products or options for products as of yet.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink