PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Passing Radio Button Values

1. I have been banging my head on this for a while and searched the forums and can't figure this one out.

The setup:
    * I have a conditional form that when you select a radio box it "conditionally" shows specific form fields.

* I have the "Enable Values" checked in the Form Admin section for those radio form fields.

* I am passing all of my form fields as URL Strings and inserting them into a Salesforce.com Account

The issue:
    From my understanding when "Enable Values" is selected it only passes those values to the Admin Entries Section of WP. Is there a way to pass those values via the URL String? I need those values that I have set passed to Salesforce.com since I am triggering events within Salesforce based on those values. It seems to only pass the Label Value and not the Input Value.

The link:
    http://www.incentiveprograms.com/contact-us/

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Yes, you can access the value when using the form field variables and passing data via the query string. How are you passing this information to Salesforce? I'm assuming you are using the Redirect functionality of the Confirmation setup for the Form and then building the query string.

When you pass data int he query string instead of using something like this:

{My Field:1}

Use this:

{My Field:1:value}

Add the :value to the form field variable token and it will output the value if it's a check box, drop down or radio button field type.

3. SWEET! I didnt know that i could do {My Field:1:value}

Wow, simply amazing. thanks for the response! Btw, you are correct on how i am passing the URL variables to SF.

4. Good to hear. Yes, adding :value is a handy feature. It doesn't do it by default because typically those variables are used in situations where you want to show the friendly value of that field such as in Notification emails, etc.