PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Passing Values On Multipage Form

1. Hello
    I have a form that is 4 'pages'
    On page one, they enter their personal information (name, height, age).
    These values are also asked for on page three of the form.

Is there any way to pass the info from page one to pre-populate the fields on page three? It would seem very redundant to have them type the same information again.

I saw an older post regarding form-to-form data passing, but nothing on page-to-page data passing.

Thanks in advance for any insight, have a great day.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You can use jQuery to copy data from one field to another on the same form. Something like this:

[js]
    <script type='text/javascript'>
      jQuery(document).ready(function($)  {
    	$("#input_356_2.3").blur(function()  {
          // sets the value of #input_356_6.3 to
          // that which was entered in #input_356_2.3
    	  $("#input_356_6.3").val($("#input_356_2.3").val());
    	});
      });
    </script>

Adjust the input IDs to the actual IDs in your form where you want to copy from one to the other. Add additional pairs of fields there after line 04.

(be sure to view the source after hovering over the code block to see the full lines of code)

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 21, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Jeronimo

Hi,

this answers a question I was about to post here (good thing I used the search beforehand). I want to display the value entered in one field in another location on the same form - preferrably in an HTML field, so that it's not editable in that place.

But, seeing that I'm an absolute newbie... where would I have to place the code that Chris posted?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 2, 2013 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

That code would go in the header of your WordPress theme before the </head>

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 3, 2013 | Permalink
  5. ZeadsDead

or you can make your life a heck of a lot easier and purchase Gravity Perks from David Smith, a developer for GravityForms.

http://gravitywiz.com/gravity-perks/

In his pack of perks, he includes a feature called 'copy cat' which allows the user to copy some fields to other fields. For example, mailing address to billing address for an e commerce website.

What you can do in your case is have the 'copy cat' button clicked permanently (and hide it if necessary) so that the fields always copy from one field to the other.

MUCH EASIER! http://gravitywiz.com/gravity-perks/

ps - and the client support is great too

6. Jeronimo

Thanks David! So this script copies the value of one input field into another input field, great.

Would it also be possible to copy the contents of an input field into an HTML field? As an example, a user fills out a contact form and his name will display underneath the form as some kind of "signature", maybe stylized in some crazy handwritten Google font.

Can this be done?

7. Jeronimo

@ZeadsDead, thanks for the info! Some of the orther perks there look interesting too. Might be worth a look.

However, the pricing appears to be a bit questionable. GravityForms cost me $39 (a good deal), do I really want to pay another $54 for some added functionality? Hmm. If it was $19, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

8. ZeadsDead

I believe it's $54 for lifetime sub whereas GF is for only 1 year. Also, the $54 includes support and it's been excellent thus far.

Contact the developer and he might cut you a deal if you only need one perk

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 4, 2013 | Permalink