PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Password sent by mail

1. elinet

I read, if Im not wrong, that password cannot be sent using User Registration notification. So which are the alternatives? I wanna send to user by mail all form fields, login and password.

thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi elinet,

In the User Registration feed there is an option to send the default WordPress "New User" notification which contains the username and password.

You can then user the form's User Notification to send a confirmation with all of the form fields. I'd think of it as one email confirms that their submission was processed and the default WP new user notification confirms that their user account was created successfully.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  3. It is not possible to have only one email for both the form's user notification and the password ?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 8, 2011 | Permalink
  4. @mediana The email containing the username and password that is sent when the user is created is not a Gravity Forms email. It is the built in WordPress user registration email. If you want to customize that email it can be done via plugins designed to edit and customize the built in WordPress emails.

Currently the User Notification alone cannot be used to include the username and password because the User Notification does not have access to the password. We don't store the password, it's only used for user creation purposes. Storing it is a security risk. So the Gravity Forms notifications don't have access to the password value.

We do plan on implementing the ability to control the new user account email as a built in feature in a future release of the User Registration Add-On. It's on our roadmap as one of the enhancements we plan on implementing.

5. Thank you Carl for your anwser.
    I can read in one of your previous posts that it was planned "to implement email validation so the user confirms their email before the user is created". Is this possible right now ?

6. No, that is a feature we plan on adding to the User Registration Add-On. It will be one of the next feature enhancements we add to the User Registration Add-On along with the ability for Administrators to moderate and approve users before they are created.

7. I found this plugin very useful when customizing the Wordpress user registration email.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/welcome-email-editor/

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 29, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Thanks for the pointer to the plugin, trewknowledge.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 29, 2011 | Permalink