PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

PayPal Advanced

1. Susan

First, let me say that I have been delighted with Gravity Forms and the level of flexibility and control it provides!

I am now exploring adding payment features for a client, and was wondering if there is a way to integrate Gravity Forms with PayPal Advanced? I know there was at least one other post asking about PayPal Advanced, but I was not able to view with my license. :)

I know there are advanced add-ons for PayPal Standard and PayPal Pro, but PCI compliance requirements make PayPal Advanced an ideal option for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Susan,

First off, thanks for the kind words!

Second, if you have a valid license, you do have access to the forums. Please make sure that the email associated with your username on the forum is the same email used to purchase Gravity Forms (your PayPal email). This is needed to establish a "link" between your license key and your username on the forum. You can edit your profile from within gravityhelp.com to make the appropriate update. After you do that, you should see your license key and have appropriate forum access.

Third, this is what I placed in that other post you were referencing:

We'd like to eventually if it's feasible given how it needs to be integrated. It may not be feasible due to how it works. PayPal Advanced is brand new. It's not compatible with PayPal Standard or PayPal Pro. It's a completely different API.

3. Susan

Thanks for the quick reply! I do hope this can be an added feature sometime in the future.

Regarding forum access, I can view most of the posts and I am using the correct email address. Could it be that the post mentioned required a Developer License to access?

4. gmw

Love your product!!! Please do an PayPal Advanced Add-on asap. This would be a huge benefit to my clients!

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday July 7, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I just wanted to echo this too, would love if advanced could be used so instead of sending our users to PayPal to pay, the form just pushes them to the next part, meaning PayPal loading on what looks like our website, instead of shoeing them off to PayPal

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 26, 2012 | Permalink
  6. The PayPal Payments Pro add-on does just that: keeps the processing of the card on your site while PayPal handles the back end without your visitor ever knowing it.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/PayPal_Payments_Pro_Add-On

With the PayPal Payments Pro Add-On you can capture credit card payments along with any additional data you want from your customer right on your site, without sending the user to a 3rd party site to complete the transaction.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Just to clarify, I'm hearing Rob Harrell saying that Gravity Forms cannot connect with PayPal Advanced. Chris Hajer, are you saying that there is a way? Should we attempt to connect to PayPal Advanced using the PayPal Pro add-on?

Sorry if this is obvious. I just wanted to make sure I understood.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 10, 2012 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

Currently, the add-on is for the following only:
    https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-payments-pro
    and not PayPal Advanced.

9. If I mentioned Advanced, that was my mistake. I get the add-on terminology mixed up sometimes. Sorry for the confusion.

10. Why does gravity forms not support paypal advanced? I called paypal and they said there is no difference, except that pro supports virtual terminal. Both are capable of supporting API and have the same featuresets.

Forcing us to use Pro only means a $30/month fee to paypal (vs. advanced which is only $5 per month).

Please support paypal advanced asap!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 23, 2012 | Permalink
  11. stacker02

I came in today searching for this exact thing. I been waiting for PayPal to offer another solution and the Advance payment option is what I know many of my clients will want to take. I use GF on everything so this would be a huge step for me. Just saying :) Love the work that´s happened so far with PayPal.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 27, 2012 | Permalink
  12. LuisHerranz

I'm going to add another vote for a Paypal Advanced Add-One here.
    Paypal Advanced is all what we ever wanted. Paypal Pro is sometimes too expensive and Paypal Standard is not great for customers.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday December 15, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Ditto on wanting to use Paypal Payments Advanced. I don't know when Paypal started offering this option, but I would like to be able to use it with GF.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 3, 2013 | Permalink
  14. Another vote for support of PayPal Advanced!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  15. Jeff33702

Me too. Went to paypal.com... Advanced fit the bill but it's the only one without a module. 1 more vote :)

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday January 20, 2013 | Permalink
  16. martham

+1 for Paypal Advanced support. My client needs it, so I'll have to find another plugin or code it myself. It would be great if Gravity Forms supported PayPal Advanced though, as I'm using Gravity Forms extensively on the site. PayPal Advanced seems to be getting very popular very fast.

Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 28, 2013 | Permalink
  17. Add PayPal Advanced- I have a client that is not happy about the possibility of having to convert to PayPal Pro and spending $25 more a month after I told them GForms was the way to go

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 8, 2013 | Permalink
  18. We've never made a claim to support PayPal Advanced. Our first PayPal add-on was PayPal standard and the second was PayPal Pro. We don't currently support PayPal advanced.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 8, 2013 | Permalink
  19. macmeister

I guess nobody has tried using the Pro plugin with Advanced...? I too had the client contact us for keeping folks on their site for donations. Anxious for a resolution or any suggestions. What did other folk do? Is Stripe one of the other better solutions? Open to any recommendations.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 9, 2013 | Permalink
  20. gmw

As I posted 7 months ago in this thread, I absolutely love your product!

I am aware that you have a policy against projecting when new features, add-ons, etc. might become available. I completely understand that you have many high-priority projects that you are working on and spend a ton of time testing to ensure a robust result. In addition, you offer amazing support. Hey, that's why we love you guys and and gladly pay the support fee! But could you consider giving us some kind of status?

Eight months ago, Rob Harrell wrote in this thread, "We'd like to eventually if it's feasible given how it needs to be integrated. It may not be feasible due to how it works." Is there any update to this? Hopefully by now you know if a PayPal Advanced add-on is even feasible on your platform. Are we holding out hope for something that isn't going to happen?

Thank you.

p.s. To the community: A few months back, I absolutely needed, in a hurry, a PayPal Advanced solution for an event registration website I was working on for a client. I used Woo Commerce (FREE), WooThemes Mystile theme (FREE) along with their GravityForms and PayPal Advanced extensions. (Extensions must be purchased). Worked great but was a little like killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 19, 2013 | Permalink
  21. David Peralty

I can't comment on how feasible it is or not, but I can say that it won't be available in the first quarter of this year. That's about all I can say currently. All my best!

22. gmw

Perhaps the powers that be disagree but I think that your customers deserve a better answer than that.

23. David Peralty

I guess, I just don't understand what you are hoping to hear.

Our focus has been on a few add-ons that will be coming out soon, as well as Gravity Forms v1.7 that will make some much requested changes to the core system. We have also been working on some large add-ons that I think many people will like, but currently our development resources are maxed out with the projects currently being worked on, and any other payment add-ons will be released as soon as they are ready.

Keep watching our blog for updates, including beta access to add-ons before they are widely released. All my best!

24. gmw

Sorry David I thought I framed my question clearly. Apparently I did not. All I wanted was an update to Rob Harrell's post on feasibility. My hope was that someone at RocketGenius could give us a status update, not a beta or production date, just a status update. I'm assuming that somebody at RocketGenius knows the answer to that question. Again sorry for the miscommunication, let's just move on. Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 21, 2013 | Permalink
  25. David Peralty

I'll follow up on the feasibility now. All my best!

26. David Peralty

We haven't heard of anything that would stop someone (or us) from making a Paypal Advanced add-on. Gravity Forms is flexible enough to support the API that exists for that service, but there hasn't been talk internally of creating it currently.

27. gmw

Thank you!

28. John

Thanks for the conversation.
    I too have a client wanting to use Paypal advanced so would love to see anyone create that add-on.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 9, 2013 | Permalink
  29. I am also interested in the paypal advanced

Posted 10 years ago on Monday May 13, 2013 | Permalink
  30. 4asher

I am also in need of this and if you can't do it will have to go to a competitor.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 15, 2013 | Permalink
  31. +1 for this feature request.
    I love gravity forms. It is without a doubt, the best money I have spent on a plugin. Thank you for the great support and an awesome product.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 6, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.