PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

paypal and membership plugin combined

1. Is it possible to combine the paypal and user registration addons so that when a user signs up wordpress will not register the user until payment has been received? or does it already do this? (apologies if so!)

Posted 13 years ago on Friday April 1, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Yes, the User Registration Add-On can be configured to do this when paired with the PayPal Add-On. You can have it only register the user after the payment has been confirmed by PayPal.

3. How exactly do you do it? I have the IPN settings in there, will it do this automatically or do I have to change settings?

cheers Carl!

4. Configure your User Registration Settings using the User Registration Add-On.

Then create a PayPal feed using the PayPal Add-On for that form. One of the options on the PayPal feed will be to only register the user once payment has been received.

If you don't see the option when adding the PayPal feed, create the PayPAl feed and then edit it again and it should be there. I believe there is a bug in v1.0 of the User Registration Add-On that only displays that option on the PayPal feed settings when editing (not adding). It will be fixed in the 1.1 release next week.

5. Thanks Carl. It might be worth adding these specifics to the PayPal / Registration documentation as I was going around in circles until I say this post.

Thanks for the great product & support.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday April 29, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.