PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

paypal submission form

1. rajan

I want to user to pay something for submitting the post on my blog..
    First user has to pay something and if paypal submission successful.. he is allowed to submit the story..

---------OR----
    in the form can i add one column enter paypal transaction id and with that can i show paypal button which asks user to pay certain amount.. after payment. he will enter the transaction id there and only than form will be filled..

can i do this with this plugin..
    if yes, i am ready to purchase this.
    please respond...
    ------

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 29, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This is possible using Gravity Forms v1.5 and the PayPal Add-On. Both of these are currently development releases but they are stable and usable.

It has the ability to have a form that creates a post, and when paired with the PayPal Add-On it can be setup so that it only creates the post after payment has been received. If the payment is a subscription payment you can also set it so that the post is removed when the subscription is canceled.

Please note Add-Ons are only available to Developer License Holders. So if you wanted to use the PayPal Add-On you would need to purchase the Developer License.

3. rajan

but i need it only for one site. can i get it with
    Single Site
    Support License

4. Add-Ons are currently only available to Developer License holders. They are one of the benefits of the Developer License, it's not just about unlimited sites it's also the added functionality of the current and future add-ons that you also receive (ex. PayPal, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, FreshBooks, User Registration and more on the way).

5. I would pay for the Mailchimp add on as a separate upgrade; I too am only running Gravity on a couple of sites, doesn't make sense for me to pay to upgrade to the developer license.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 3, 2011 | Permalink
  6. That doesn't seem right to have to pay $199 for the developers version for one site.
    It's $39 for GF so essentially I'd be paying $160 for the MailChimp plugin.

I would have no problem paying $39 or so for each individual plugin.

I just don't get the logic behind having to buy a developers licens just so you can use plugins.

I would think that you would sell more plugins if they were available for the non-developers version.

7. @msfcorp We aren't interested in volume. We know we could sell more plugins if we lowered the price, however if we sell more plugins that means we have more customers to support.

With a lower price on the product, we would have to be able to provide support to those customers on less revenue. The end result would be more time spent on support, less time spent on development, with both suffering.

Are pricing is based on economies of scale. We know we can balance out support and development on the revenue that is derived from our existing pricing structure. We aren't interested in a high volume, low priced product. Plugin support is to intensive for that to work.

We do plan on making Add-Ons available to more than just Developer License holders, however they will not be sold individually. We will be making some changes to our licensing plans later this month.

8. mcohen75

+1 for more reasonably priced add-ons. Your freshbooks integration actually attracted me to your product in the first place. My finger is on the buy button, but $199 to get this little bit of added functionality isn't a very good value proposition. If I had multiple sites and had reason to use ALL your add ons, maybe it would be a different story.

In the end, I respect the notion that you must target a specific audience and price point. I do think though that your integrations will be a big draw for small-mid sized sites.

9. My finger is on the buy button as well!

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 5, 2011 | Permalink