PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Populate a form field with a previous form field

1. Hello,

Until multiple page forms is introduced, would it be possible to populate a field (first & last name) from one form to another, so that the user types it only once?

Was not able to locate this particular question, if I missed it accept my apologies!

I have tried passing them from a previous form with the redirect option, which I can not seem to get to work. Not even sure if thats possible ;)

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday July 10, 2010 | Permalink
  2. for some reason I just can not make this work properly, I was able to get it to pass some data, but it wound up putting it all in one field (the last name field) rather than first name and last name where they belong.

I shall try...again. :/

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday July 17, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Let us know how it goes. If you still have problems, we'll be happy to get in there and have a look.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday July 17, 2010 | Permalink
  4. For some reason I just can not make this work. The first page of this multi page form is here: http://pueblospc.org/wp/?page_id=48 but I can not make it properly populate the fields.

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday July 28, 2010 | Permalink
  5. There isn't any way to help you with this other than pointing you to examples and code snippets without having access to your WordPress admin to see how you have the forms setup.

If you want to send us a WordPress admin login for this site we'd be glad to take a look and see what you have going on so we help you get it working properly.

You can send us a login via our Contact Us form here on the support site and reference this forum thread.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday July 29, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Hi Guys,

First of all loving gravity forms.

My question is pretty much along the same line.

The first form would be a quote form where customers enter their quote info, name address, email etc. They would be given a unique ID ( have added this part to the quote form already )

Then at a later stage they would be given a link to the order confirmation form where they would enter their unique ID and have name, address, email etc fields already populated from the quote form and then check their address details, enter a shipping address, agree to terms and conditions.

is that at all possible?

sorry for the tough first question.

Cheers,
    David.

7. This is possible but isn't something Gravity Forms does out of the box. But like anything with PHP and an application that has API hooks (Gravity Forms) it is certainly possible.

You can pre-populate fields dynamically so you would have to have a hardcoded non-Gravity Forms form (no need to store the data) that asks them for their unique ID. Then use GET to submit that form data to your Gravity Forms page which would pass that id in the query string.

Then using some custom PHP you could get that unique id, look up the data for it and populate the fields dynamically.

It's certainly doable but is going to take knowledge of PHP, MySQL and Gravity Forms API hooks to pull off.

If you need help doing this we do know developers with a lot of Gravity Forms experience that could provide this for you as a service.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.