PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Possible to hide prices?

1. Hi, the form I'm building is not a traditional order form. Rather, it calculates a total offer price of what we are willing to pay the customer for their product. This offer price is based on the customer's answers to questions about the condition of the product. I am attaching price values to each of these answers -- for instance, if the computer the customer is trying to sell to us has a big dent in it, I will deduct $10.00 from the initial starting price.

I'm trying to find a way to hide these price fields from the customer -- if this is even possible. Obviously, I don't want the customer to realize that if they can get more for their product if they check a different box until they reach the total offer price at the end.

Please let me know if there is something in the code that I can tweak to hide the pricing fields; I'm currently looking in form_display.php but I'm not finding anything (PHP newbie as well).

Thanks very much!!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The only way to do this right now would be to use CSS. You would target the price elements and use CSS to set them to display: none;. You would add the custom CSS to your themes stylesheet. You'd have to view source on the form and see what html elements are used to wrap the price you want to hide, target that element and style it to hide it. That is currently the only way to do this.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Can you point me to where to hide it and how to hide it in css.

I firebugged this...

<span id="input_3_1" class="ginput_product_price">$0.00</span>

How do I hide that?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  4. You could place this in your theme's style sheet:

[css]
    span#input_3_1 {
    display: none;
    }
    Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Thanks but that didnt work.

http://mvfi.com/?page_id=130

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Yeah it did, just didn't hide the label - the "price" is indeed hidden. :)

Replace with this:

[css]
    span#input_3_1, li#field_3_1 span.ginput_product_price_label {
    display: none;
    }
    li#field_3_1 span.ginput_quantity_label {
    margin: 0;
    }
    Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.