PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post to a page?

1. tantoSMASH

Before purchasing this product, have a few questions:

1) My understanding is that the generated form only submits to a "post" inside a category. For my needs, I need the form to create a Page instead, inserting the data collected form the user. Is this possible?

2) Can this page be "assigned" to a user (which they can edit w/o logging into Wordpress).

3) When the post (if possible, a page) is submitted, can it be set to "draft" mode awaiting approval?

4) Can uploaded images be formatted for insertion within the post/page?

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 17, 2010 | Permalink
  2. 1) It is possible to create a page, however it requires a little bit of custom PHP in your theme function.php file to use an available API hook to control Gravity Forms using code.

2) It can assign the post/page to the user that submitted it if they are logged in but Gravity Forms does not do editing on the front end. It is a form submission and data creation tool. It doesn't provide an interface to allow users to edit entries or posts on the front end. That takes place in the WordPress dashboard. So you would need some other plugin for that.

3) It is possible to set a post/page as Draft and require an editor or admin to Publish.

4) Images can be uploaded and inserted into a post in the latest beta build.

3. tantoSMASH

Carl,

Thank you for answering the questions. Are you or someone else here familiar with a plug-in that can allow users to edit a page using wysiwyg editor? I don't want them to do this in Wordpress backend.

Also, the customization that you speak of in the functions.php, can you provide the "support" here.. given that I will have 1 year of support with a new license.

Thanks again!

4. This snippet will allow you to create a page instead of a post when your form is submitted:

<?php
    add_filter("gform_post_data", "change_post_type", 10, 2);
    function change_post_type($post_data, $form){
        //only change post type on form id 5
        if($form["id"] != 5)
           return $post_data;

$post_data["post_type"] = "page";
        return $post_data;
    }
    ?>
    Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday August 18, 2010 | Permalink
  5. @tantoSMASH We can help by providing guidance and code snippets, such as the one David provided above. However, we do not provide support for customizations. We only provide guidance and code snippets. We can't provide PHP and WordPress development support and training.

6. Where should the snippet above be placed? And is there anything else to change for changing posts to pages?

7. You place this type of code in the functions.php file for your theme.

8. tantoSMASH

Carl, I understand this and I wouldn't expect the staff to do customizations, I do appreciate David's support here though. I just want to ask, what if one wanted to create "categories" instead, can this be possible? What would change in the code?

Thanks again!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday August 19, 2010 | Permalink
  9. Create new categories on the fly? As in add new categories to the WordPress database? This is certainly possible if you know what you are doing with PHP and WordPress, however it poses some implementation issues such as how do you present that in the form.

It would have to be a text box where they enter a name, and then you would need to know what the parent category would need to be. It's certainly doable, but it is more advanced than implementing a custom post type.

If that isn't what you are referring to... please clarify.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday August 19, 2010 | Permalink
  10. i have a classified site i i want to make post with this
    IT SHOULD NOT published IN DRAFTS
    "post should be publised immediately " "WITH THUMB IMAGE OR image
    please tell me which plugin code to use

how to configerd that

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink
  11. @amily If you are using Gravity Forms to create a Post then you can configure the Post Status by editing the Post Title or Post Body field that is on your form. The Post Status is an option on both of those field types. You select what the Post Status should be.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink
  12. thank u very much please put it clearly on your documentation so dumb people like me can
    get this mumbo jumbo

grate GRAVITY

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  13. i had not tried yet with IMAGES this work with it to

14. yes i tried but not working with image image dosnt uploaded some focus please

i want like austindogbragger.com/brag-on-your-austin-dog/ it is immediate image upload
    how did she configured tht

15. The austindogwalker functionality is possible, very easily with Gravity Forms. You just include a file upload field for the image, then include that submitted image in the post body content template. Please post a link to the form you're working on so we can see what you have so far.

16. good morning

hi amliy again this is my app http://coolifestyle.42t.com/post-ads-free
    another thing is austindogbragger.com/brag-on-your-austin-dog/ show name of poster by any custom field how i can do tht

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  17. Hello amliy. I submitted a test post there and see how it works. You will just need to do some work with your post template. You need to configure the content template for the post body and include your image there. And you might need to add a little HTML to the end of the content template to ensure each item completely clears the previous one. You can see on this page that my entry is not completely cleared before the next entry starts.

http://coolifestyle.42t.com/category/watches

If you want to be able to display the name, you have to ask for it. I didn't see a place to enter my name. If you ask for it, and it's required, you will be able to include that in your content template as well. Anything you ask for in the form can be used in the content template.

It's hard to see how your form is set up and what your content template looks like. But the things you want to achieve are all doable with Gravity Forms without too much work.

18. thanx chris i going to try all of tht some problem appear i just massage you

19. i did tht men u r cool and ur "GF" too LOL.. i going soon buy business license

20. hi thnax this is my template
    "{uPLOAD Image:6:thumbnail:left}{Ad Body:2}{eMail:4}{pHONE:5}
    {Name:7}"
    and i wana show NAME:amliy
    PHONE NO:9898989898
    EMAIL:Amliy@z.com

in my post how can i (i have tryed "{Name{NAME}:7}" it shows {name:amliy i want name:amliy

21. Hey folks. This is a pre-sale question topic and it's turned into a support thread. I'm closing this topic so @amliy, please start a new topic in the support forums and we will continue to assist you there.

Thanks.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.