PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pre-poulated fields and the "required" option

1. It seems to me, that it sets the "required" condition as met if a radio button is preselected or a choice field is pre-populated. Is that so ? If so, is it possible to set "required" to "not met" in case the value (for example a text like "insert your text here") is not altered by the user ?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 18, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

So for input fields, I also make sure to create a validation check against what I set as the default value so that the default isn't acceptable.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_field_validation

For other field types, like radio buttons, this can be hard because sometimes, you will set a default, and for 99% of the people, that will be the correct response, and you wouldn't want to filter/validate against that pre-populated value or have them change it, only to change it back...

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 18, 2012 | Permalink