PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Prevent entries being record before payment is received?

1. When using the PayPal add-on I've noticed that a user's form entry is recorded whether or not payment is received. You have the option to send notifications if payment is received or not. Is it possible to have the same option for entries? I use the limit entries option and i get an entrie (or more) even the user not complete the payment.

Also i noticed that the limit entries option count the entry even when it is in trash. I think that It could be better if ingores the entries in trash.

Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday July 11, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I guess my question is, where would the entry go? We have to put it in, no matter what, so that it exists. If we wait until after payment is received, the entry would still have to be recorded somewhere. I appreciate for your needs, this might not be ideal, but it is the only way that Gravity Forms works. You will likely have to customize your limit entries code to not count things with payment processing and in the trash.

3. Ok i see thank you David

4. David Peralty

All my best!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.