PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pricing field not passing updated value

1. sirspacey

I have a pricing field called "Vote" with 3 options:

Buy 1 Vote for $1.00
    Buy 10 Votes for $10.00
    Buy 100 Votes for $100.00

I'm using Redirect to pass a querystring to another form to process payment.

That form is expecting the following post variable:

amount1

I have tested that if I submit a URL with &amount1=1.00 the payment processing form accurately parses it.

When I insert the field into the query string creator in Form Settings of my Gravity Form it produces the following:

amount1={Vote:2}

However, the querystring generated by this is the label, not the price. For instance if I pick the last option on the form and submit the querystring reads:

amount1=Buy%20100%20Votes%20for%20$100

I tried enabling values to see if it would pass the value instead. It still passes:

amount1=Buy%20100%20Votes%20for%20$100

What do I need to do to make this query string pass the value of the field, not the label?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. sirspacey

A follow up, I found this syntax in another post:

amount1={Vote:2:value}

However that puts out:

amount1=Buy%20100%20Votes%20for%20$100|100

How do I get the label and pipe removed completely?

Really, is there not a syntax break-down somewhere for this?

3. sirspacey

I can confirm this issue is only on the "Price | Option" field. A multi-choice field doesn't have this problem.

4. I'm not quite sure what issue you are having based on what you described.

Tell me exactly which Field and if that field has optional types which type is being used. Then let me know what you are trying to do... pass data to it or pass data from it using the confirmation redirect.

The Pricing Fields are far more complex than non-Pricing Fields due to the complication of having not only a Label and a Value but a Price also. Fields only have a label and a value. So the price has to be stored as part of the value, so multiple values are stored and they are pipe delimited. There is no other way to store the data than to do it this way.

5. sirspacey

Hi Carl, what I'm suggesting is that when you add a tag to the value, you specify what you want so...

{Product:1:label}
    {Product:1:value}
    {Product:1:price}

What I was experiencing is that the label was included, with a pipe, even if I specified "value"

At the very least, only value should be shown when that tag is provided.

To be specific, I'm using the Price field called "Options"

I entered three options in that field:

displayed ad: label | value | price
    Buy 1 vote for $1 | 1 | $1
    Buy 2 vote for $2 | 2 | $2
    Buy 3 vote for $3 | 3 | $3

right now doing {Product:1} and {Product:1:value} both include the label in the output., I only want to value or the price.

6. I am having the exact same issue.

I can get rid of the label using :value, but I always get the price.

I end up with value|price

I would like a way to specify only the value.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 22, 2011 | Permalink
  7. This is currently how pricing fields work. The price is stored as part of the value. Inputs only have one value, so we have to do it this way. We can look at what was suggested and implement a :price option to just return the price and then have the merge tag return the label by itself and :value return just the value without the price.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 26, 2011 | Permalink
  8. We have discussed this internally and will be implementing the suggestion above in the next 1.6 Release Candidate.

We will be changing the merge tag so that :value only outputs the value and not the price. You can then do :price to output the price.

{Pricing Field:1} will output the label
    {Pricing Field:1:value} will output the value
    {Pricing Field:1:price} will output the price

Expect this in the next 1.6 release candidate which will be later this week.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 26, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.